Mothering Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I posted this in th pregnancy forum, but wanted to post it here too in my DDC. Any of you mommies of more than one have any experience with this?

I'm 7 weeks 4 days along with #2 and for the past two weeks, my main symptoms have been breast tenderness and all-day nausea. Today, all of a sudden, I have had ZERO nausea (not even when I think about or smell any of my usual nausea triggers) and my breasts have not been sore at all (not even the slightest twinge). Has anyone had their symptoms disappear so soon in their pregnancy? Could this be a sign of miscarriage?

PS: I had an ultrasound last week (because of a little brown spotting starting around 5.5 weeks)--measured right on target and showed a healthy baby and heartbeat. I have not spotted in over a week.

·
Registered
16,500 Posts
I've had a day or two when symptoms were almost nil. And the last couple days nausea and exhaustion were way down, but today my breasts HURT, so

If it persists, maybe, maybe I'd start being concerned. Come back in a week with no symptoms at all and I'll share your worry. In the meantime, enjoy it!

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
I remember from the last time around that my symptoms would take a day off every now and then. And if I paid attention, some elements of them would appear for a little while and then would recede again. Could that be the case with you? For me, I think maybe I got accustomed to feeling a certain way and noticed more when I wasn't feeling "off" than when I was.

I remember distinctly throughout my last pregnancy if I'd feel "normal" for any amount of time, I would be worried that everything wasn't okay. So the disappearance of feeling pregnant is something that continues during the pregnancy. I think it's the body's way of giving us a break from time to time. Because by the end, all you want is a break. Like others have said, try to enjoy the break, but I know that's easier said than done.

·
Premium Member
9,388 Posts
If you've seen a viable baby on ultrasound with a heartbeat, your chances of first trimester miscarriage are virtually nil. It's normal to have days when you feel normal again. It used to happen to me with DD and I would be so worried and upset, but then two or three days later I'd be feeling crappy again. I agree-- your body knows that you can't endure being sick ALL the time, so it cuts you a break sometimes. Enjoy it!

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
I was just worried about this last week--and lo and behold, all this week I am sicker than sick again. Don't worry today, mama! If it lasts for more than a few days you might want to call your dr. just to be safe, but try to enjoy the reprieve in the meantime!

·
Registered
4,308 Posts
When I was pg with Djuna I had that happen so many times. These scary days when I would feel no symptoms. But they always did come back.

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thank you, thank you for all your replies!!! I feel much better knowing it's not uncommon and not a definite sign of something being wrong. I guess I freaked out about nothing because I've been super sick today and had a horrible sharp pain in my right breast. I'm so glad my symptoms are back (ya right!
)

·
Registered
246 Posts
My first pregnancy all my symptoms ended really early, like 10 or 11 weeks... and I didn't even feel pregnant again until I started feeling baby move and started showing, around 20 weeks... so...

·
Registered
549 Posts
I have yet to have any real symptoms. I get the occasional nausea but haven't been sick. My boobs have been sore and I have been cramping with sharp pains every so often. I remember these with my 1st pg. But I remember the cramping and boob pain to be a lot worse. But I have one weird symptom. I get the hiccups. I had it with my daughter. It is an every day acuarnce about 3 or more times a day. I am not tired in fact I can't sleep. I can't wait for my 1st apt to make sure everything is ok.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts