Mothering Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
544 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone experience this?

I had a 2 pack of Frer's, the first one I took @ 10dpo and it was totally white no doubt about it negative... Now this morning @ 16dpo I took the second one and while fairly faint there was a no doubt about it line ( A lot like the line I got w/ my ds2) as soon as the pee hit it... I ran to get my camera and it was already faded to this... I expect something like this from the dollar store tests but not a Frer...
Remind me to take the test and then walk away for 3 mins as this seeing a line and then having it disappear is to emotionally unsettling...

·
Registered
1,616 Posts
Nope. Happened three times to me last month. They even looked pink and DH agreed. All way after the time limit though and AF showed up a few days later.

·
Registered
2,368 Posts
I contacted them after I had a similiar experience and got a check for $20. I got an evaporation line immediately upon the urine hitting the test. I was pretty ticked because its not like these are cheap tests -- and how could I trust the reliability of the second one. It helps to be a cranky hormonal TTC mess sometimes.

·
Registered
130 Posts
I use internet cheapies. Honestly, i like my internet cheapers BETTER than first response! I got positives with my cheapers before first response even showed up! DAYS before it showed up! Also, the line on my internet cheapies is thicker, so its easier to see a faint positive than on the first response ones.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Actually I've heard of a lot of people having this problem and getting clearer (and sooner) results with the Dollar Store tests.

Honestly, I hate any sort of line test because the ones I got with my daughter were always SUPER light or unclear. I won't even bother with them this time around and will just go for the digital. More expensive, but at least they give you a clear Pregnant or Not Pregnant.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Also, I could be wrong about the terminology, but I thought an evap line was a line that sometimes shows up after the 3 minute mark, not before. So I would say if you saw a line immediately, there is a good chance that you're pregnant because it must have detected some HCG

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.