Mothering Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
764 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had a miscarriage last week, at almost 11 weeks. It was never a viable pregnancy which makes it easier for me, although I understand that is not universal.

I had a DNC and multiple trips to the hopital. Everyone was really nice, sensitive, understanding.

I'm more disappointed than anything. Disappointed that we may not be able to try again for at least six months, maybe a year. Lucie will be 3 in a year. I wanted my kids closer together than that. And what if we decide to go for three?

And I don't think I'm sad enough. I want to move on a bit. I don't want to have my hormones monitared as a reminder that I'm not pregnant.

I'm just disappointed.

·
Premium Member
6,397 Posts
*hugs* I am sorry mama!

do you have to wait six months? the hardest part for me was the wait and then when my period comes.

·
Registered
764 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have to wait because the thinking is that it was a Molar pregnancy which upsets the usual pregnancy hormones. I have to be hormonally not pregnant for a certain amount of time. I'm not sure what that amount is as I was told two fairly concrete yet different (6 mos. vs. 1 year) while I was in the hospital.

Alice, don't worry about the rant. I'm so afraid everybody thinks I'm cold and heartless that I'm knid of avoiding people. I was so afraid that I had done something to cause my M/C that I was kind of relieved that it had never been viable, which makes me feel a bt bad too.

I'm most upset about having to wait to try again. Even though the plan wasn't to really try until next summer anyway. I think I just hate being told no.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Oh Kate,

I'm so sorry.
I really don't know what to say, and I'm always afraid of saying the wrong thing. Please take good care of yourself and if either you or Shrug needs anything please don't hesitate to get in touch, for real.

Mindy

·
Registered
1,568 Posts
I'm sorry - it is very disappointing especially when you want certain things to fall into place and certain times and it would have all worked out great if the pg was a healthy one. My situation is similar.

Take care

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hi Kate,

I just wanted to say sorry for your loss.
I have had several miscarraiges, and after my first, at 17 weeks, I just went back to work. I didnt think about it at all. It was when I was pregnant with the twins that I began to grieve for my first baby.

I lost the twins at 20 weeks, and had a funeral for Freya as well as the twins, which did help me alot.

I have had two early miscarraiges since, and I dont really know how I feel. Dont know if I can cope with any more losses, but really cant seem to make the decision to stop trying.
to be told that I would have to wait six months to a year must be really awfull. I am so sorry.

Camilla

Mum to Andrew (05/01) and my angels, Freya, Thomas and James, and x2.

·
Registered
1,050 Posts
Kate, I had molar pregnancy 10 years ago or so. I did not had any kids - this was my first. I waited 9 month. First 6 months were hard since my hormones were not completly down, then dr wanted me to waite couple more month just to make sure. You can wait a shorter time - it all depends on how fast you HCG is falling. My next pregnancy after that was very easy and I had a perfect baby.

·
Registered
764 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by 5thAttempt View Post
Kate, I had molar pregnancy 10 years ago or so. I did not had any kids - this was my first. I waited 9 month. First 6 months were hard since my hormones were not completly down, then dr wanted me to waite couple more month just to make sure. You can wait a shorter time - it all depends on how fast you HCG is falling. My next pregnancy after that was very easy and I had a perfect baby.
Thanks for your story. I'm not looking forward to being reminded that I can't get pregnant again yet everytime I go for a blood draw.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by look11 View Post
Kate,

I totally hear you. I'm just ending my second m/c and am feeling the same way. Once I got over the initial shock, I settled into disappointment more than sadness and have to say I feel a little guilty. Not that I'm not sad, but I just don't feel that baby connection until the baby I can feel it moving. I guess I hadn't gotten too attached due to fear of another m/c. I feel like a cold, heartless person sometimes. I really am more disappointed than anything.

Also, with 2 m/c's this year, I've spent a total of 4 months dealing with pg symptoms (extreme fatigue and nausea,) with nothing to make it all worth while. I want to try again right away, but I hate the thought of going through it all only to have no baby at the end. I just want to feel GOOD again.

Sorry, to rant... just want you to know, Kate, that I share your disappointment.

Hugs,

Alice
I"m just in the middle of my 2nd miscarriage and I've also had one other one this year.

I too want to start again soon, but it's so hard on my system - emotionally and physcially, considering that my 1st miscarriage was only in September!

I think I'm going to wait at least until my 30th birthday (January) to try again.

... if I can wait that long

I don' thave any children and know it's my duty to be a mother, a parent and it will happen!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.