Mothering Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
729 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone noticed that Pedoodles changed the look of the flower power series shoes? I'm not sure how many other shoes have been given a make-over, but I'm not impressed! I have a size large and an XXL for my daughter in the flower power shoe and just last week couldn't stand being without a pair of XL for right now so I broke down and ordered a pair. Well they arrived yesterday and I was beyond disappointed in both the look and feel of them! The felt like a cheap knockoff from the original flower power shoe. They also no longer have the stitching around the base/sole of the shoe, which in my opinion completed the look of the shoe.

I did email customer service at Pedoodles and let them know that I was extremely disappointed in the recent changes.

In the meantime if anyone has any of the "old style" flower power size XL in stock please feel free to spam me, coupon codes and/or free shipping a plus!

·
Registered
3,805 Posts
I thought they changed the style because there was a rash of complaints about the exposed stitching breaking, and the sole of the shoe coming apart from the rest of the shoe? I believe it was from the last pedoodles co-op, which was a while ago. They no longer do co-ops for them.

·
Registered
2,458 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by earthmama369 View Post
I work at a store that sell Pedoodles and that's what I heard, too -- the idea of the stitching was great, but design-wise, it wasn't working. The stitching kept breaking and pulling loose.
when i worked at a children's clothing boutique and sold these, we had several instances of the shoes coming apart at the stitching as well. pedoodles was always awesome about replacing them, but i can understand discontinuing it altogether.

·
Registered
1,980 Posts
As a huge pedoodles fan, I can tell you they will promptly solve your questions if you give them a ring. Go to their website and get their phone number and tell them your frustrations. I bet they'll send you a new pair, or an "old" new pair immediately.

·
Registered
729 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I will say their customer service has been fabulous as I unfortunately have had to deal with them several times. I just can't stop loving these shoes though! The stitching in the sandals my dd wore just for a few months came undone and they replaced the shoes completely. And other minor things they have been very quick to remedy (broken shoelaces, a missing flower from the Ruby Janes etc). I sent them an email last night, but I don't expect to hear from them until Monday. I'm sure they'll provide me with all the details.

I'm sorry to hear that design wasn't working out, the lacing around them sole was such a cute detail. Now I hope the larger pair I have doesn't fall apart
This new version just seems "cheaper", the leather isn't as soft (its looks like roadmap skin) and the flowers aren't cut out as nicely.

Any way thanks for the info as to why they switched.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.