Mothering Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, we had budgeted money to put in a small patio in the backyard using stone or pavers. In an incredible stroke of luck, our neighbors decided to replace their slate patio and do a poured concrete slab instead. They are giving all of their slate to us, totally for free.

Awesome, right? Well ... they have three dogs who regularly pee and poop on the slate. They are diligent about cleaning it pretty much immediately, so there is never poop just sitting out there or anything. It's not covered, so it gets rained on and the sun hits it all afternoon and evening.

The price tag beat out my germophobia, but I am still kind of skeeved out. What can/should we do to clean the stuff well once we get in in our yard? I know the sun is a good disinfectant, but I feel like I also need to *do* something to clean it.

Any suggestions?

·
Registered
4,432 Posts
I'd lay them out flat, take a push broom/car brush to them with....baking soda? dish soap? just water?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.