Mothering Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Help! We've given up and started using disposables at night, because our son was getting a rash from being so wet for so long. We were using motherease one-size diapers with a stay-dry liner or a hemp/fleece liner inside for added absorption and wicking, but his skin was still super wet and red by morning. I hate using even one disposable each day, but the problems have gone away completely. I really don't have much money to spend trying different diapers... anyone have a specific brand of cloth that wicks away moisture really well, or any other suggestions??? would and AIO or pocket diaper be any better? fyi - we use the motherease one-size with random covers during the daytime.

·
Premium Member
1,210 Posts
We're in the same boat so I don't really have any suggestions regarding night time options. Just thought I'd chime in and commiserate.<br>
DS had a rash in the morning but this was after changing him once during the night. When he started sleeping through the night he'd wake up every morning soaking wet through his clothes and all over his bed. At this point, the rash was also on his stomach! We tried a few different night time dipe options but were not successful in keeping his clothes dry so we opted for night time sposies. He still soaks through once in a while but there isn't the same rash. And, since starting sposies at night, there is absolutely no rash.<br><br>
GL, hope you figure something out.

·
Registered
2,485 Posts
I'm not familiar with the diapers you currently use so this may be no help. But I have found pocket diapers with micro fleece or micro suede helps pull the moisture away from the skin.<br><br>
I don't know if this would be any different that the stay dry liners you were using though.

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
I had this problem with prefolds but then when she grew into the Fuzzi bunz that we were given, I used one with 2 inserts and she is fine all night. Well, usually I end up changing her 1 time.<br>
I actually like prefolds/covers better during the day but the pocket diaper works great overnight.

·
Registered
2,666 Posts
We just started using a Thirsties brand pocket diaper (has some absorbency built in) with a knickernappies insert and a hemp insert. Works well and no rashes or leaks. We are also using a homemade pocket diaper, with cotton fleece inner, PUL outer and a knickernappies heavy duty insert, size large. (DD on the other hand, was getting rashes from the disposables I had on her overnight....grrr)

·
Registered
3,621 Posts
We still use sposies at night sometimes... I am slowly experimenting with different night time options am still hopeful we will find something that works!! My older son does great in a pocket diaper, but the pocket diapers give my younger son a rash and I would really like to find something that works on both of them. I gotta say tho... one sposie a night really isn't the end of the world! Way better than sposies all the time and if it keeps you sane and lets everyone get some sleep? Not a big deal in my book...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts