Mothering Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
: OK--so maybe this was in response to the fertility drugs and the waiting to test....

...but I adopted a baby kitten today!
: It is *supposed* to be for DS, so he can have a pet that likes him. My two cats have never forgiven me for the day we brought him home from the hospital, and he so desperately wants a pet friend. We pick him up on Monday. He is just a little bigger than my hand, fluffy, gray, a little shy, and sweeter than honey. DS named him Saber as his current passion is prehistoric mammals!

I hope the kitten will be a friend to DS. He hasn't asked in the last couple of months, but he used to cry all the time and ask why he couldn't have a baby brother or sister....and guess who else cried with him....

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Can I just reply to my own post to say that this is officially post #1000 here??? I spent a LOT of time at the cloth diaper board a few years back...

·
Registered
165 Posts
Congrats on the new kitten and the 1,000 posts, lol. The last time we went to an animal shelter to get a kitten I ended up picking out a full grown cat, lol. Right now I could use a kitten or and puppy

·
Registered
441 Posts
I almost did the same thing!!! My son wants a kitten or a puppy, and I wanted to wait for a new baby first, but this week I almost talked dw into it. Not quite, but thats a coincidence!

·
Registered
3,285 Posts
Congrats on your new kitten - or should I say my sympathies? My, but you are going to be busy!
:

We want a new puppy, too, but we have one very old dog, and she would NOT appreciate new blood in the house right now - well, the four legged variety, anyway...

In the years that we were ttc we ended up adopting two cats (already had two dogs, tried for a third...long story) and more bunnies, hamsters, and rats than I can count. They are a wonderful, loving addition to the house, and I personally don't know what I would ever have done without them!

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well...I am 13 DPO and my temp dropped. So it looks like the IUI was not a success. Good thing I have the baby kitten to snuggle with today....
:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts