Mothering Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5,203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Diva cup I've been using for 4 years now (minus 16 mos. of pregnancy/lactational amenorrhea) and lately it hasn't been working out for me. I know it's in right, it doesn't leak, and I cut the stem all the way off, but it feels too big (TMI). It pokes me and sometimes even pokes out of me a little, even though it is as far back as it can go, over my cervix. It's really uncomfortable and I am about to give up on it and go back to sea sponges (which I used for 2-3 yrs. before I had kids). It's too bad because I really liked my diva cup and it worked fine for so long, but obviously, our bodies change over time and it's just not working now. I hate the mess of sea sponges. I want this to work out. Any ideas or suggestions? As it is I've been sticking to cloth pads for the lighter days of my period and just being uncomfortable for the 2 heaviest days when I NEED my diva cup. I don't want to do that again next month.

·
Premium Member
3,325 Posts
If it was me, I'd probably spring for a new Diva cup and see if I had the same issues with the new one.

My first guess, without having experienced it myself, is that either the cup has stretched or that your size has changed.

·
Registered
5,203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The cup is definitely the same size.
I'm wondering if the "before kids/under 30" Diva cup would fit better. I'm only 23 although I've given birth twice (although from the time my water broke to baby out was ~10 minutes each time, so maybe they didn't stretch me so much
).

·
Registered
1,362 Posts
I had a c/s but still got the size 2 and every guy I've ever dtd with said I was pretty small down there.....
uuuuummmm I would try a different brand of cup like thw keeper

·
Registered
1,221 Posts
I would suggest trying a different size or brand. I think it's Diva that gives a guarantee so if it didn't work for you, I think you can return it for a refund. I've heard their customer service department is really helpful, I would call them to get their feedback. The US moon cup (made by the makers of the keeper), the UK moon cup, and lunette are all similar but have small differences. Maybe another one would fit your new shape a little better. Good luck!

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
Are you feeling like it is too LONG, or too big around? If you're getting a good seal, then I suspect that it probably isn't too big around, but could be too long for your body. When I bought my Diva Cup, I wish I had known that there were other options out there other than the Keeper, because I feel this way sometimes (with the tail cut COMPLETELY off, and then some).

Looking at the comparisons, if you're feeling like the Diva Cup is too long (like I do), then I'd try the Lunette. It looks like the shortest of the cups, as far as I can tell. I have no idea where to get one, though. Good luck!

·
Registered
5,203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yep, it feels too long. Way too long. I'm not sure any menstrual cup would work, aside from the Instead cups, which I'm not a big fan of. My cervix is just so low at that point in my cycle.

I think I'm going to give sea sponges another shot before spending money on another menstrual cup.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.