Mothering Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry in advance--not the most pleasant topic.
I have a diva cup. Like it most of the time, but still find it a little leaky. I have the correct size according to the package info. Any ideas? Works great 1st time and then when re-inserted not so good.

·
Registered
11,719 Posts
The first month with my Diva Cup, I leaked quite a bit. It got better over time as I played around with it and found the correct "spot" for it.

You might want to try posting this (or mods, move?) to the Natural Home and Body Care forum.

·
Registered
43,705 Posts
It just takes some trial and error, until you learn how to put it in right, and know when it feels "right." I haven't had any leaking issues since the first month I used it.

·
Registered
1,633 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ruthla
It just takes some trial and error, until you learn how to put it in right, and know when it feels "right."
I have a keeper, not a diva cup, but I'm still trying to find the right spot after about 5 months. Getting frustrated.....

·
Registered
6 Posts
I agree, you really have to find the "right" spot. It did take me a while to adjust to the diva cup, but once I did I am sooo in love with it. My cousin has one also and we think it is the best invention ever!! On the other hand, my sister bought one and didn't adjust to it after 2 months and gave up on it. Sounds crazy, but you kinda have to wiggle it around and have a good suction for it to work properly. Heck, at the moment I even have mine turned inside out and it is working beautifully!! Good luck!

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
I've had mine for about 6 months -- I STILL have leaking problems.
:

I REALLY love it when it's working properly, but the leaking is so frustrating. I have heavier peiods since having ds, but I don't think that's the problem as sometimes it will just feel right and there's no leaking and then I re-insert it and can't for the life of me figure out how do make it 'fit' again. Sometimes I have to try 10 times and it hurts.

I really want to just 'get' it.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I will post the way that I insert my diva, to the best of my ability and see if it helps any of you guys. Okay I fold mine in half like the directions say. I insert it about half way and slowly release it to open up and suction around the cervix. Sometimes I have to tug on it a bit to get it to suction right. After it opens completely and it feels like it is snug, take the bottom of it and twist the diva cup until it makes a complete circle. When I am able to twist it easily in a circle I know that it is inserted correctly and ready to go! To me, it is almost an "art" to insert a diva cup properly, LOL!!

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for the good description. It is the twisting part that I ahve a hard time with, doesn't seem to want to rotate. Iwill try to let it open all the way first. I really love the whole idea of the diva cup, I also have a keeper, same sort of deal. Diva cup is a little more flexible, so I would think that I should like it better.

·
Registered
362 Posts
I had leaking problems for the first couple of months using it, but it's fine now that I've modified the way I insert it. First, I fold it in half and put it in. Then, I twist it just enough so it unfolds a bit and starts to open up. At that point, I used to twist it until it opened to what I thought was its full diameter. I now know that I have to tug on the bottom, almost pulling it out, in order for it to completely expand, and then push it back up. Since I've started doing this, it doesn't leak anymore.

·
Registered
850 Posts
I just finished my first time with it and love it. It didn't leak for me.

But I wanted to say, I saw another way to fold it up before you put it in, on a website that is a sort of mooncup user group. Can't remember any link names, sorry. But anyhow, you just flatten one side of it down so there is a small pointy part to insert instead of the whole width like the instructions said. That was more comfortable for me, and I think that might have helped open it better.

·
Registered
2,450 Posts
I thought I was a menstrual cup failure. I had tried both the Diva and the Keeper, without success (lots of leaking, and lots of discomfort). As a last-ditch effort, I tried the Mooncup and am so glad I did--it is working great for me! I still have a bit of leaking on day 1 of my period, but I have exceptionally heavy flows. After that, no leaking. I also can't even feel it when it's in, which is great. It also is easier to insert for me. I know there are small differences between the three kinds of cups, so maybe if this one doesn't work out after more trial and error, a different one will.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.