Mothering Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
316 Posts
Why is your heart set on this one particular child?

Will you adopt another child if this little boy is placed with another family?

I'm hoping for the very best possible outcome for all of you.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
There are many factors that we believe led us to him-

He is the same age as our biological son, we were looking for a child that was in the 2-4 age range.

He is Native American- as are we, which gives us a better outcome of adopting him.

He has minor medical needs which we are prepared to handle, we know what we can take on and what is too much.

When I read his profile, I felt like I was reading about my own son and I just had that feeling that he was meant for our family and we were meant for him.

Yes, we would still be interested in adopting another child if it does not work with him.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I read your original post and even typed a really long response, and it didn't go through! I am a Native American foster parent for my small tribe, and would love to adopt if I could so I've looked into inter-tribal adoption too because my children are almost always reunited. You need to get your tribe's ICWA department on board with you, and they will connect to the child's tribe. This will move things much more quickly than going through the state, and you SHOULD NOT be paying out of pocket. Good luck and God Bless

1 - 5 of 5 Posts