Mothering Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
575 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I feel like the future is so uncertain. I want to move back to mass so I can be near family and have support during all of this, plus to be there for me when it comes to cancer stuff, but ex won't allow that to happen.<br><br>
I'm scared about money, health, where we are going to live.<br><br>
On the upside, I am going to meet a mama next Sunday to hopefully watch her 2 year old DD part time a couple times a week and on back up for when their nanny can't make it and I can bring my DS with me if I get the job, so that will help some. Hopefully between that and my business I will be able to make ends meet.<br><br>
And I have an interview tomorrow for assistance (TANF, food stamps, etc.) So hopefully that goes well and I can get it

·
Registered
681 Posts
That is a HUGE first step. Congrats for taking it. It's OK to be scared. It's normal. You'll get through this. Do you know when and where he is going to get served?

·
Registered
3,101 Posts
I don't blame you for being scared, but you're on the right track already!<br><br>
You know, your ex doesn't get to decide everything. It's true that he <i>might</i> be able to keep you from taking your child to live out of state, but it's also true that you can ask the court to be able to do that, as your circumstances are different than many. Don't just agree to whatever he says; if you haven't already, while you're asking about social services also ask about legal aid, because that will be a big help too!

·
Registered
575 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I actually just emailed two attorney's who do low cost/free legal aide, so hopefully I will hear back soon. That's really all I want, is to be able to be closer to my family and friends for support. It would be a huge help too because I unfortunately have to go to doctors all the time and I always have to take whatever appointment is handed to me and in my working experience employers don't like it when people have to take days off all the time.<br><br>
But yeah, I am hoping that I can eventually petition the court to leave. My ex WILL get to see his son if I do, he thinks I am wanting to leave to hurt him and he won't listen otherwise

1 - 4 of 4 Posts