Mothering Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have all of the seed packets I planted my seeds from this year and was wondering if all seeds of the same type (ex. same tomatoe varities, etc.) share the same timeline for planting and harvesting, even if they're different brands?

Id' like to put the seed packets in my gardening journal to have the illustrations and recommended planting directions but I plan to buy from different companies next year and will be getting different brands of the same seed, so should I just wait till I buy new seeds, or will everything be about the same?

·
Registered
1,746 Posts
Brand is meaningless. What matters is variety. So, a Sweet 100 is a Sweet 100, no matter what company you buy it from. The packaging may contain slightly different details about a plant, but the plant itself shouldn't vary much.

An Early Girl tomato is very different from a Brandywine which is different from a Purple Cherokee, and so on.

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Gotcha - so if I plant the same varieties next year, I can still use the front photo/back illustrations and planting directions for a guideline (so I dont weed out my plants and leave the weeds, etc. I used them a lot to ID the sprouts in my garden this year. LOL!). That be the case, I'll probably laminate a couple per page and just add more next year when I plant different plants and varieties and keep the packets as a reference year by year.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.