Mothering Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have any experience with addiction and someone close to you (mainly looking for with your partner, but anything will do) and have any advice for me? PM if you don't feel comfortable talking about it here.

I am at wits end, and so, so sad. I can't believe I am having to deal with this now. I feel like I have so much on my plate and this is the breaking point. All I want to do it cry this morning.

This probably belongs somewhere else (please don't move right away!!), but need help now, and you ladies are so supportive.

·
Registered
5,911 Posts
First of all I have a
for you

Let me gather some stuff, and I'll PM you
:

·
Registered
1,169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by 2boyzmama View Post
First of all I have a
for you

Let me gather some stuff, and I'll PM you
:
thank you!

·
Registered
1,662 Posts
Big hugs mama.

You are not alone in the traumas of partners/life & pregnancy.

I won't go into my own story, but dh deals with depression and we are most certainly in a very down time now. Ugh. Very hard on me. VERY HARD! So, you aren't alone.

Keep seeking help. It's worth it.

·
Registered
425 Posts
I don't have much experience with this but I just wanted to show you some love. I'm so sorry you're having to deal with this, especially being pregnant.

·
Registered
6,761 Posts
oh gosh.
s:. I wish I had some advice for you. You might look at some old threads in PaP. I know it helps sometimes to know that others have gone through the same things.

·
Registered
1,169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by texmati View Post
oh gosh.
s:. I wish I had some advice for you. You might look at some old threads in PaP. I know it helps sometimes to know that others have gone through the same things.
Thanks for the suggestions. I have been searching the old threads all morning. It does help to see that others have dealt or are dealing with tough stuff like I am today.

Thanks for the hugs everybody

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
no advice, just
We are all here to support you.

·
Registered
2,276 Posts
I've been lucky enough not to have to deal with addictions issues in a partner. I think we all wind up with out own troubles along the way though, and even if I can't offer any helpful advice, I certainly send lots of hugs and support your way.

Sometimes it's harder when you're pregnant to deal with the stuff life throws at us- we're supposed to be glowing and happy you know...

·
Registered
700 Posts
I did. I left my ex right after the delivery of our second child. It was the most difficult thing I have ever done. Of course, because we share custody and he continues to have addiction/mental illness issues, we still have a relationship, albeit in a different form!

Al-Anon helped me immensely, as did talking to other mamas who both stayed and left. If you ever want to chat, please feel free to PM me. I am so sorry you are having to deal with this during your pregnancy, sending you hugs

·
Registered
268 Posts
Unless you count my DH being addicted to the computer then I haven't had any experiance with it. *hugs* I hope things work themselves out for you.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts