Mothering Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,481 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We have the occasional roach and I have had enough of them - I can't take them anymore. I want to do something and there are two reputable organic pest control companies here that I am calling. Was wondering if any of you have used comparable services and felt safe doing so. I am waiting on a call from the techs to tell me exactly what they use.

What else can I do for roaches on my own?

Our house is clean so it is not an issue of vacumming or removing food. It is just that hte house is 14 yrs old and I guess bugs start to come in and feel like it is their home

·
Registered
2,431 Posts
I live in an apartment and I'll get roaches from time to time - I've noticed that there are cracks in my bathroom and closets and things where they come from the outside, go through piping and stuff and get in. You're right, it's not really for food, once they get in they don't have much to eat and they end up dying, but they get in anyway.

Try checking your moldings and corners of your home and fill in any small cracks or holes you see. Same with insides of cabinets and closets. You can probably ask your local hardware store what to fill these holes with, I'm not sure if it's caulking or something else.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts