Mothering Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,966 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
DS is 6 weeks old today. I assume he is in a growth spurt or will be soon, based on the "norm". He's been very irritable today which is totally unlike him (he rarely cries except when he wants to eat or be changed) and then once he calmed down, he's been sleeping like a rock for quite a while. The crying he did before hand is one that he's only done one other time and it's like an inconsolable I'm hurt/very upset kind of cry, not one of his normal ones. Enough to bring tears to MY eyes b/c he sounded so upset.

I guess just trying to feel out if he is normal for a growth spurt or if he might be feeling ill.

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
IME yes. My guy is doing the same thing right now. He's a very laid back kiddo and the past few days he's just not been himself.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Babies will nurse a lot more than usual before a growth spurt. This will stimulate your body to make more milk so that there will be enough to meet his needs.

·
Registered
1,966 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well, he's awake. He's sick, yucky nose (liquidy/congested) and occasional cough.
Fudge. I go back to work Friday for the first time since he was born and this is just one more reason for me to stress about leaving him.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Well, being sick would explain it, too.
I'm sorry.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.