Mothering Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
620 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Are there any other crunchy mommies down here on JBLM with me?? I feel incredibly alone and weird with my parenting choices so far, in meeting my neighbors. They are nice people who let us play with their outdoor toys and stuff but they also have a 1 year old who "will only drink kool-aid" so we have a limited range to talk about on the parenting side of things. I would love to have a crunchy mama close by to hang out with sometimes, or have playgroups if there are a few of us. Help me know I am not alone!

·
Registered
620 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have but I can't drive somewhere everyday (we moved on base to save gas...) so I was hoping for some friends on base that I could walk to or make a very short drive.

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
*hugs* I'm sorry mama. The whole Tacompton-Lakehood community isn't the greatest, but there are a few cruncy mamas. Check out http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=645027&highlight=tacoma there might be some Joint Base moms on there.

I've met a few babywearers in this area over the past few years and my daughters first daycare used a diaper service so a few moms switched to cloth after that! You could try checking out the farmers market in Steilacoom or Lakewood, I get deliveries from Terra Organics so I don't go to farmers markets much anymore. Also, if I had a car I would totally offer to come hang out before I moved, I've lived in this area for years and have never actually been to the base.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mamayogibear View Post

*hugs* I'm sorry mama. The whole Tacompton-Lakehood community isn't the greatest, but there are a few cruncy mamas. Check out http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=645027&highlight=tacoma there might be some Joint Base moms on there.

I've met a few babywearers in this area over the past few years and my daughters first daycare used a diaper service so a few moms switched to cloth after that! You could try checking out the farmers market in Steilacoom or Lakewood, I get deliveries from Terra Organics so I don't go to farmers markets much anymore. Also, if I had a car I would totally offer to come hang out before I moved, I've lived in this area for years and have never actually been to the base.
ROTFLMAO.gif

I actually lol'd when I read that... then told DH via instant messenger.

·
Registered
5 Posts
We're another crunchy military family, but chose to live off post and outside the "Tacompton_Lakehood" (lol) area. I thought we were the only ones of our "type", but trust me you aren't alone in this area of the country! I know there just aren't a ton of military families who live our lifestyle. Hoping you find some more like-minded families to enjoy time with!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.