Mothering Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
5,334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, okay, I know I'm on the wagon
: I have always hated prefolds- but now I'm sorta feeling the prefold
! What's up with that??? I have 4 of them :LOL, and I have been drooling over the dyed ones...But I'm afraid of them bleeding in the pail. What's your dyed pf experience with bleeding? (Maybe you all should lie even if they don't bleed so I don't fall headfirst off the wagon
)

·
Registered
26 Posts
I bought a bunch in all different shades, and the only one I had trouble with was cherry. I had to wash it by itself a few times.
HTH!

and never enough

·
Registered
1,756 Posts
I think that the momma's that have been around dying for a while have all the bleeding problems worked out for sure, I know for a fact that TDD doesn't bleed a bit, and I haven't heard anything about CPC bleeding in a long long long while, so I am sure they are fine now, and the ones from SOS seem to have a good rep so you should be safe with those. Your best bet with dyed prefolds no matter where you get them though is to wash them alone the first few times to be on the safe side.
Bleeding is most often because all the dye hasn't been rinsed out (sometimes the water is clear but more dye releases after it sits wet a while) so once you have it all out of there (and it is done releasing) you won't have any problems. They DO make prefolds more fun for sure!

·
Registered
6,359 Posts
I
my dyed prefolds.
I hate to say this, but I have had a little problem with two of my cherry prefolds leaving a little pink on my ubcpf's; but only where ds has peed. The wahm I got them from and I have been emailing back and forth to solve it, and I think we got it taken care of, and it was just one bizarre batch of hers.

eta: I never had a problem with any of the other colors.

·
Registered
4,286 Posts
I loved that picture of your diaper station. Made me want to get organized (for a second, then I realized I'll never be that organized).
Make me feel better and tell me you just prettied it up for the picture. My daughter's diapers are pretty much in a big ugly pile on the rocking chair.

·
Registered
6,359 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by averymybaby
I loved that picture of your diaper station. Made me want to get organized (for a second, then I realized I'll never be that organized).
Make me feel better and tell me you just prettied it up for the picture. My daughter's diapers are pretty much in a big ugly pile on the rocking chair.
:LOL That's about the prettiest little shelf in my house... I had to put them up there because I'd go nuts if ds found the diapers at his level, then they'd be all over our scary shag carpet (which sheds every time you walk on it).
And yes, that was a one time deal where all but a few ubcpf's were clean. Right now all my diapers are in a basket on my Lazyboy next to me in the living room waiting to be folded. I can at least try to be a flybaby...

·
Registered
5,334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Well, darn. I was hoping you all would tell me that they bleed terribly and I definately shouldn't buy one
But I'm on the wagon- that's my story and I'm sticking to it.
I'll be buying one as soon as my self-imposed buying hiatus is over, though.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts