Mothering Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Forgive my very limited understanding of homeopathy please.<br><br>
The past few nights my baby has had a very hard time falling and staying asleep. He has one tooth and his teething symptoms then were drool/drool rash/mild crankiness and lots and lots of pooping. But he was happy and I didn't give him anything. But this is different. He is fine all day and then at night screams and wails like he is in pain. He's drooling and chomping on everything all day and napping perfectly fine but at night ....wow it's awful.<br><br>
Last night we gave him hylands tabs and they worked. He stopped crying, accepted my breast and fell asleep.<br>
Two hours later on the dot he woke up crying (we cosleep and he never wakes up crying) gave him tabs he went back to sleep<br>
Two hours (again on the nose) he woke up crying we did the same.<br>
Four hours later the same.<br>
He woke up in the morning happy as can be like normal. He's a little cranky today but just napped and seems fine.<br><br>
My question is: could I be masking the symptoms of something else with the hylands tabs? If he wasn't teething would the tabs work so well? My mother is of the "if your baby cries at night pump him full of tylenol so everyone sleeps" mentality (she said that to me) and I do not want to be doing a version of that. With teeth it's so hard because you don't see them until they are right there.

·
Registered
578 Posts
The hylands would not mask symptoms of other things. They seem to be working for you, so that's great!

·
Registered
1,617 Posts
honestly sometimes i wonder about if they calm my babe instantly b/c of the berry flavor (she's really into solids and sweet flavors.) i had given her some during some intense bed-time only screaming which in the heat of the moment seemed like teething. now i'm pretty sure it;s a seperation anxiety thing. but still, when she's wailing if i go to the bottle, she'll kind of stop screaming...until i leave the room again, that is. i feel kind of bad, like i was bribing her with a tasty "treat."

1 - 3 of 3 Posts