Mothering Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My son has been to 4 different peds in 15 months. I keep switching to find "the one". I've never been completely satisfied and I'm at my wits end. I want a more natural approach to the medical junk. I know woman can see midwives even when not pregnant. Is there a "doctor" like a midwife for a baby/child?

·
Registered
42,824 Posts
Some people have luck with family practice drs. Some like natropaths, or chriopractors. Or you could skip it all together. My dd has never seen a dr.

-Angela

·
Registered
337 Posts
I would never call our ped. "the one." We disagree about vaxes, how long a child should BF, etc. BUT, he is very respectful of the decisions we've made and he encourages parents to be actively engaged in their children's health.

If I went looking for a ped. who thinks just like me, I know I would be disappointed. I'd suggest looking for someone willing to include you in respectful dialogue...

·
Registered
788 Posts
I think it's near impossible to find "the" doc who agrees with you. If you really hate where you are, I'd make a list of topics that are absouletly essential, things that are negotiable, and questions you want to ask a new potential doc. I know some people prefer peds, some family practitioners. Maybe try a naturopath?

·
Registered
340 Posts
I agree w/the PP who suggested a family doc. I'd take that a step further and look for a D.O. The're generally a little more holistic than MDs (DOs believe in treating the cause, not just the symptoms) but still have all the same medical training and credentials. Even though we rarely go, it is nice to have a doc who's familiar with you & your family in the event you actually need one.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.