Mothering Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
DD is nearly 10mo, & a BM addict! Not too interested in solids, so as u can prob imagine she's BFing alot, like every 2hrs day & nite. The thing is, i've noticed that i don't seem to leak anymore, & that my letdown takes longer to happen now. I used to produce enough milk to feed the world, so i'd go through dozens of nursing pads at 1st, then it settled down to using about 4 a day. Recently though i've hardly leaked at all, & like i said, the letdown takes longer now. Is this normal? How do u know when u don't have enough? I've always trusted the process, so i don't know y i'm questioning now... but it'd be good to set my mind at ease!<br>
Thanks, Trish

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I think i should mention that i've been doing a detox for about a wk now. Nothing crazy, but no meat, dairy, eggs, wheat, oil or sugar. Basically loads of fresh fruit & vegies, plus grains, beans & pulses. Would this affect my milk production? This arvo i fed dd & didn't have a letdown at all, & she got quite frustrated, bouncing her whole body up & down the whole time she was feeding. If the diet has affected my milk, then what can i do to boost it again? I hope i haven't ruined a great milk supply...

·
Registered
1,663 Posts
I only wore pads for 6 weeks, very very very rare for me to feel a let down. My 11 month old is also hooked to the bobbie! I'm actually nak right now. So, those are not always the best indicators. However, if your DC is acting frustrated like she isn't getting enough you may be right that your production has gone down. Now it has only been a few days and is very fixable, so don't worry too much! You probably are not getting enough calories with the diet, so either find a way to increase that with in your detox or add some things back in. Maybe cook your veggies in a little olive oil and have a couple of eggs in your salad? Also, you can try oatmeal and granola for increase. Drink, drink, drink lots of liquid and keep up your regular nursing. It might take a couple of days but your supply will come back. There could be other things affecting too - return of fertility, not getting enough rest, etc so just be aware.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts