Mothering Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
619 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do I have the only toddler than can take her snapping diaper off? They say snaps are more difficult for toddlers to take off. But every diaper I have put on her today has come off the second she pees the slightest bit. With the first one I thought I just snapped it funny and it was a fluke. But nope... she can really unsnap them. She's only 20 months!

I think she doesn't like the wet feeling. She's been in sposies all her life so it's strange for her, I imagine. Maybe this will encourage her to PL earlier.

·
Registered
479 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by kenzie&wyatt'smom
Sounds like she is close to Potty Training. Mackenzie does that at night when she potties in hers. She says mommy soaked and off it comes.
That's funny, Noah always takes his off right before he pees on my floor :LOL

·
Registered
2,431 Posts
am I the only one who puts clothes on my kids? :LOL

or do they take those off too?

My ds is 14 months and he'll play with velcro if he can see it...but if it's under his pants or shorts he doesn't seem to remember it's there

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by grace474
I guess so!! :LOL DS' around-the-house attire usually consists of a fitted and tee, sometimes not even a tee :LOL He is one hot child... I've never been able to keep a blanket on him! Anyway, he can get snaps off if they're FS, but with SS it seems they're too far out of the way for him to bother :p

·
Registered
7,928 Posts
Yep, my 19 month old ds does that ... front snap, front aplix, side snap, side aplix ... doesn't matter, it comes off. Luckily we pretty much only use flats and he hasn't *quite* figured out the snappi, but when we are out and I put him in an AIO, it has to go under clothes. Sometimes I think too he's starting to P/L, but half the time he's stripped, he's been dry. I think for him, it's just fun because he knows it drives me
: *LOL*

·
Registered
2,431 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by mama2liam
I guess so!! :LOL DS' around-the-house attire usually consists of a fitted and tee, sometimes not even a tee :LOL He is one hot child... I've never been able to keep a blanket on him! Anyway, he can get snaps off if they're FS, but with SS it seems they're too far out of the way for him to bother :p
I figured I was :LOL

My dh is always complaining that it's too hot, so we keep the a/c cranked. The poor kids would freeze if they weren't clothed

·
Registered
479 Posts
Quote:

or do they take those off too?

No, we use those too.
We just have child who likes to strip and be naked as much as possible. I guess that's why we have stone floors. I *knew they'd come in handy sooner or later.

·
Registered
7,801 Posts
Dd love s to do this!Never pee'd in the potty chair yet, that is still used to play cars

If I really need her to keep her diaper on, read:company- then I use a drawstring wool

·
Registered
610 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by MyLittleWonders
Yep, my 19 month old ds does that ... front snap, front aplix, side snap, side aplix ... doesn't matter, it comes off.
Yup!!

:LOL Clothes come off too, though she has this one sundress that she can't quite get off (doesn't help with the diaper, mind you!)

Maylen

·
Registered
6,573 Posts
Jessica still has a bit of difficulty with snaps, but anything else comes off super quick, unless I put something on over it. She is just a few weeks younger than your dd. She's even figured out how to take the snappi off!! She can get it off in just a few seconds! I think she's getting ready to PL too, she tells me as soon as she goes, sometimes she comes to get me and tells me as she's standing in front of me pooping or peeing - THEN she wants to go sit on the potty :LOL so she's got it a little bit backwards, she'll figure it out soon enough

·
Registered
6,262 Posts
My son can take off a snapping-diaper of any configuration, and is the same age. He's soooo not interested in using the potty and he doesn't do it after he's peed, just when he's bored and notices that there are snaps available to pop open. :LOL

Quote:

Originally Posted by Leilalu
If I really need her to keep her diaper on, read:company- then I use a drawstring wool

Yup, this is why we are using mostly fitteds + soakers, he can't get those off... or we use a snapping AIO or fitted+cover combo plus a pair of pants for going out of the house.

·
Registered
4,264 Posts
My DS went through a time where he took his diaper off...he doesn't do that a lot anymore. The other night he took off his Aristocrat and fitted which was underneath it! If he has clothes on he doesn't usually try to take his diaper off, though.

·
Registered
764 Posts
Quote:

maya sticks her hands inside her clothes and unsnaps the diaper. she's been doing it since she was about a year old. first only in overalls, but then even jeans. For a while it was ALL drawstring soakers all the time, now i let her pick her diaper and she's so pleased with "mamma! pirate diaper!" that she doesn't even try.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts