Mothering Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My daughters first communion is coming up. I have verbally told both DH and DHs mom. But I'm wondering if I have to send official invites to his siblings and aunts/uncles??? I'm having a party at my house afterwards that is also a bday party for all 3 kids and frankly I do NOT want them here. His stepfather is also his lawyer and DH has told me he is taking me back to court because he states that "I'm not allowing him to see the kids". Even though he is actually seeing them MORE than what the court documents say he is required to have!!!!!! Also, DH has been tape recording conversations and his stepfather/lawyer has been videotaping me when I drop off and pick up the kids. What once was an amicable divorce is very far from that now.

So what do I need to know. Personally I feel like I did my part by telling XMIL who I know will tell everyone. If I send invites then they will come to my house afterwards. i don't really feel like being the bigger person here considering thats all I've been doing.

·
Registered
413 Posts
I think you have done your part by inviting their dad and grandmother, and letting him know the details. I would think its his responsibility to extend the invite to his family members, if he wants them to be there. And dont tell them about the party afterward. Even if they know about it, I would think that the lack of an invitation would be a clear message that they are not invited.

I personally would not go out of my way to include my ex's family in anything. If ex wants them to be involved, he can do the work and organize his troops. Just my situation - but it sounds like your in the same boat as me - the dislike is mutual, and you can be sure that if they were to put on a party or celebration for your dd, they probably wouldnt invite you.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.