Mothering Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
With my first c/s, I got to 6 cm but didn't even feel the contractions. With my second, I had 4 nights of labor and didn't get past 2 or 3 cm. The contractions felt pretty intense. I would have contractions all night, 3 minutes apart, and then they would die off in the morning. I might call it all prodromal labor, or maybe it just wasn't productive because of my fear (of the hospital, not the pain).

My question is, will my vbac be just like a first time labor? Does my experience mean anything? I don't feel like I can join in when women discuss their vaginal birth experiences.

·
Registered
318 Posts
You can not judge how this current labor will go based on you last labor(s).
My first baby was very long labor (19+hrs), horrible, miserable labor, 11 days late, artificial rupture of membranes, pitocin, epidural, ...c-section.
This last baby, from first contraction, til he came out was <4hrs. Very easy, very fast. Water broke on it's own, he came on his due date!

I completely understand where you're coming from. Every birth is different! Do your homework on VBAC.
It's corny, but POSITIVE thinking, mental imagery, positive chants, those kind of things really do work.
I made a poster to put in my room during labor. It was a picture of a lemon with a big red cross through it and it said "my body IS NOT a lemon". I found that encouraging.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts