Mothering Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Banned
1,548 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm 14 weeks pregnant today, and for the past several days I have been noticing my nipples have a different shape... as in the shape of a baby's mouth. Anybody who has breastfed should know what I'm taking about. I don't recall this with any of my other pregnancies. My breasts haven't changed in size or weight yet. Just the shape of the nipples have changed. I find it absolutely strange. Are my nipples remembering breastfeeding a baby or what?!

·
Registered
5,282 Posts
Huh, wild! Pregnancy is such a fun experiment in human biology.

I think Griff was still nursing when I was 14 weeks pg with Reese, so I can't remember any sudden change. I wonder if what's happening has something to do with the erectile tissue in your breasts getting more sensitive due to pregnancy hormones?

·
Registered
18 Posts
I think that boobs may remember breastfeeding. I wondered the exact same thing. As soon as I was pregnant my boobs started getting huge and now my nipples get A LOT more full when erected. Also, I started getting colustrum earlier, at about 20 weeks instead of around 30 with my last one. Isn't it exciting though. I brag to all my friends about my colustrum...hehe

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.