Mothering Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
796 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm 25 dpo., about five and a half weeks. I had an ultrasound today which showed a yolk sac but they said it was too early to see the baby. They said the sac measured 5w2d. I'm probably overreacting but now I'm over thinking everything and I feel like my symptoms are not as strong as they were. I only had a few waves of nausea today and feel like there was more earlier in the week. I've had early, severe morning sickness with my other four so I feel like I should feel sick at this point. Back at 13 and 16 dpo I had hcg levels done, 13 dpo was 186 and 16 dpo was 679 - on the high side and doubling every 33 hours. The hcg wasn't redone, I wish I had asked. The ultrasound is going to be repeated in two weeks but I know I'll go nuts until then, can anyone offer reassurance that it's ok to have fluctuating symptoms and no baby on the ultrasound yet?

·
Registered
462 Posts
A yolk sac is great for 5.5 weeks. That about all you can expect to see at this point. I definately have fluctuating symptoms especially before 7 weeks. I had days that were worse than others and days were I felt fine.

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
before 6-8 weeks symptoms come and go.. when no symptoms was a bad sign for me (miscarriage) i had the coming and going symptoms and then around 7 weeks i started feeling totally better .. with my healthy pregnancies (and this one, which i am going to assume is going well..) the symptoms became more consistent around 6-7 weeks and were totally on and off before then..

·
Registered
6,794 Posts
That's a normal ultrasound for your dpo, and I wouldn't worry about the fluctuating symptoms. Mine were all over the map during the fifth and sixth week (some days great, some days not so much). I didn't get every-day m/s until the 7th week.

·
Registered
796 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you! I feel so much better about it this morning. I have morning sickness now. It's so scary when they symptoms so away, this early there really isn't much else to go on.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.