Mothering Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,561 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
I should just chill out and wait- but I am trying to figure it out! Since I am unsure of my exact O- the ONLY 2 days we didn't BD were days19 and 20, or maybe 20-21 I can't remember. But- 2 days in a row! After doing it every other day! And my last 3 cycles were 36 days so it's possible I O'ed then! So- I hear sperm CAN live for 3 -5 days in the woman, in which case the previous days sperm would be waiting. (and from what I read this would more likely produce a girl!?!)
But do we know if the sperm always live that long or just that it is possible?
I am just too close to a computer and with much free time at the moment which is why I obsess these details! But, hey, may as well. thanks!

·
Registered
651 Posts
So... I think the answer to your question is not cut and dry. Sperm "can" live up to 5 days, but I think the norm is around 3 days (I read this somewhere). However, in very good CM it is more likely that the sperm will live longer.

Do you know what day you O'd on?

·
Registered
920 Posts
In favourable cervical mucous, sperm can live up to 5 days but 3 more likely. In unfavourable cervical mucous, sperm only live a few hours. "Boy" sperm live 24-36 hours and girl sperm live up to 3-5 days. DTD the night before O would, in theory, get you a boy. DTD 48 hours before O would, in theory, get you a girl.

I hope this is your month!

·
Premium Member
2,800 Posts
It is possible (but not guaranteed) for sperm to live 3-5 days in EWCM, even less in non-fertile cm. Do you keep track of your cm? I have found charting (temps and cm) to be very helpful. Good luck!!

·
Premium Member
4,561 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
This is my first official month ttc. I am trying to find my right balance between measuring things and intuition. I checked my CM every day, and never had it super gooey-fertile feeling. It felt closest to that around days 15-16, but my cervix wasn't wide open. It was wide open on day 20(!) but we didn't do it then or the day before. Oh well. If it doesn't happen this month at least I am getting a deeper understanding of my body! I still have somehealth issues- sort of minor but not ideal, so anyway. I don't know when I ovulated. Those pee on a stick things came up strong on day 15- so that would suggerst O on 15-16 or 17. We did it through 19. But who knows! We took 20-21 off out of sheer lack of sex drive from doing it 16 days in a row without a break! then resumed on 22 and 23- today.
But if my baby needs my body to cleanse a few more months then I guess that is ok.

But I do notice that LITERALLY HALF the women I see on the street, in the stores, are pregnant. It is CRAZY!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
2,339 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Katie34 View Post
But I do notice that LITERALLY HALF the women I see on the street, in the stores, are pregnant. It is CRAZY!!!!!!!!
It does seem that way to me too.....so frustrating!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.