Mothering Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3,885 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I already chart (pretty loosely, mostly just keeping track of where I am in my cycle), and I'm thinking about getting a thermometer so I can chart my temps, too.

However, my wake up times aren't always consistent...SO and I generally go to bed around 2-4 am, and wake up around 11 am-1 pm. It's just the schedule we're on (both work from home). Since my wake up time can vary a lot, does that matter? Will it affect the temps at all, or should I always test at the same time every day?

Also, if I wake up and go to the bathroom, and then head back to bed (which I do often), will that mess it up as well?

Thanks!

·
Registered
2,774 Posts
I temp at the same time every day. There are days during the week when I need to wake up for the day at 5 AM so my temp time is 5 AM. So that means during the weekend, I wake up at 5 AM and take my temp and then go back to sleep. Usually, I don't need to go to the bathroom until I wake up to take my temp but occasionally I do. So I look at the time before I get up and if it is after 4 AM, I go ahead and take my temp then go to the bathroom. When my alarm goes off at 5 AM, I just shut it off. I don't have an issue with my temps being messed up if I go to the bathroom at 3 AM and then take my temp at 5 AM. There are some women on here that temp whenever they wake up and that can be a two hour window. I just like having the consistency of temping at the same time every day. Come join us on the Charting to Avoid thread if that is what you are looking for!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.