Mothering Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3,056 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
of carseats other then Britax that harness past 40 lbs?

I will be buying my oldest girl a new seat next year..she is very small..35 lbs & im not sure how tall, but she is petite & her alpha omega still fits her. It will be 6 years old next year though..so needs to be replaced . I still want her in a 5 point...

I looked at all the britax's. I dont want one with the tilting base because she thinks they look "babyish"

the britax regent dosent have that..but looks SO BIG. I have a toyotta corolla.
I have my younger daughter in a evenflo triumph..which is pretty big itself..so they both MIGHT fit beside each other..but the regent also looks really high.
Im not taking it off my list of possibilities..but wanted to consider a few others...

Ive found the Safety 1st Apex & the Sunshine Kids Radian. both harness to 65 .
what other brands are there that harness past 40?

·
Registered
6,556 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Artist Mama View Post
i just bought this graco zephyr for dd.
it goes from 20 to 100 lbs and the seat is really nicely padded.
it also came with a cup holder and a snack holder.
i liked the price and the reviews.
Remember that the internal harness goes up to 40 pounds and then you have to remove the internal harness and use it as a BPB from 41-100 pounds.
I think the OP wanted internal harnessed seats past 40 pounds without converting to a BPB.

DC

·
Registered
3,947 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by dallaschildren View Post
Remember that the internal harness goes up to 40 pounds and then you have to remove the internal harness and use it as a BPB from 41-100 pounds.
I think the OP wanted internal harnessed seats past 40 pounds without converting to a BPB.

DC
I'm looking for one too, hopefully for less than the Marathon.

·
Registered
6,556 Posts
Try the Radian, the Cosco Apex 65, or the Safeguard. They all have their particulars so research them all to verify that their install criteria would be compatible with your vehicle (s), and that they are compatible to your child (ren). Prices vary.

Dallaschildren
CPS Instructor and momma to 2 sons in seats

·
Registered
3,947 Posts
Quote:

Try the Radian, the Cosco Apex 65, or the Safeguard. They all have their particulars so research them all to verify that their install criteria would be compatible with your vehicle (s), and that they are compatible to your child (ren). Prices vary.

Dallaschildren
CPS Instructor and momma to 2 sons in seats

Thanks!

·
Registered
3,317 Posts
Quote:

DC

oops.
didn't read the op carefully.

·
Registered
5,467 Posts
We have our 4 year old in the Sunshine Radian and love it. It harness up to 65lbs (like the britax marathon)

·
Registered
2,232 Posts
We have a Radian for our 3yo and a Safeguard Go for our 4 yo. I like them both.

The Safeguard Go goes to 52 inches/65 pounds, but the child must be 30 pounds and you must have a tether in your car in order to use the seat.

The Radian goes to 49 inches/65 pounds.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Dallasmom,

Speaking of child's height and car seats.....

What's your input about the height limit on car seats?

DS is 35 lbs and 43 inches tall. We have a marathon and a roundabout. Per the roundabout manual, he is too tall for it. However, at the AAA car seat check in October, she said he was fine. He hasn't complained, but it looks to me that it is getting tight in the crotch area.

So I researched a bunch and will only get him a 5 pt for the rest of his life! But what I saw is that the 5 pt seats that go past 40 lbs have different height limits. The thought of buying a seat that maxs out at 49 inches feels short sighted (for a kid who avrgs 4-5 inches of growth per year). It's also frustrating because I measured our seats the Regent base measurement (posted on a web site) is too wide. I hate that I can't find these seats in a store to try out. At this point, I feel my best bet is to order from Target.com because at least I can return the seat to the store.

Any advice is appreciated!

Thanks!

bj

·
Registered
6,556 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Artist Mama View Post
oops.
didn't read the op carefully.
Don't worry about it. I was more interested in making sure you knew what you had versus correcting you on the OP question. A lot of parents make the assumption that their car seats harness to 100 pounds when in actuality they are to be used as BPB long before that.

DC

·
Registered
6,159 Posts
As long as a child is under the weight limit of their seat, under the top shoulder straps, and their tips of the ears aren't above the seat they are safe in their seat no matter their height. AJ is only 38", but too tall for a LOT of seats that supposedly go to 40", including the Alpha Omega and Britax Roundabout. He's in a 65# seat now b/c he needs that extra harness height.

We have the Sunshine Kids Radian and I think it will last a long time and be a great seat for a smaller child. AJ is 3.5yo, 38" and 36.5# and fits in it great. He's never complained and still has about 3" left (he has a very long torso). Here's my online album for it. http://s47.photobucket.com/albums/f1...Kids%20Radian/

·
Registered
2,480 Posts
Just came to talk about this! We just got a booster for our 2nd car, and I felt a little uneasy about it, but after seeing this
I really don't like it! We have a Britax Marathon now that should last us for a long time, DS is only 40lbs.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.