Mothering Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
8,678 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
: I saw this once on a cooking show, the woman slathered a whole bunch of butter on her steak and I thought it was so weird. Then I put some butter on a grass-fed rib eye I was cooking the other night and oh my goodness - it took it to a whole 'nother level!

Have you experienced this magical sensation?

·
Registered
1,582 Posts
I don't do it, but I used to work at a place that buttered their kabob meat. Like, seriously buttered...
Lamb and chicken are good with butter, too.
:

·
Registered
951 Posts
What don't I put butter on?

Seriously, go for butter with meats. I like drawn butter to dip my meat pieces into. So yummy.

·
Registered
5,249 Posts
OMG it was SUCH a mistake to read this thread... I am staaaarving, my husband said his office party was at 6:30, it's at 7:30, I haven't had anythng to eat today except a smoothie and some jerky (not on purpose, just busy) and the thought of a buttered steak (anchovy butter? come on, my salivary glands are actually HURTING now, ow) is just... too much.

·
Registered
436 Posts
Yup! We always butter ours before broiling...we're in Oregon so we also tend to have fresh mushrooms and leeks year round. Soooo delicious. And when you're eating grass fed I think sometimes it needs the butter.

·
Registered
892 Posts
Why did I never think of this? It... I mean... it's perfect. It's the perfect summary of all that I hold dear. And yet, I never did it.

I sing the praises of butter... and yet there are parts of my diet that have been escaping it's application. Puzzling. I'll do better from now on!

·
Registered
3,221 Posts
We don't butter them, but if I'm cooking inside, I definitely butter the pan. It's amazing!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.