Votes: 0 0.0%
  • other

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have met a lot of people who go out of their way to eat organic and use all natural treatments for medical issues, but they don't do any real sweat breaking exersize. I've also met a lot of people who exersize all the time and are in great shape and eat total crap. What are your thoughts on that?

·
Registered
12,099 Posts
Uh, yeah. I eat healthy but I don't exercise nearly enough these days. I started school a few months ago and my kid is really clingy, and I'm just exhausted/busy.

I used to exercise, but not eat healthy.
Maybe one day I can get both things to happen simultaneously, huh?

·
Registered
8,109 Posts
kids...i totally would exercise, but my kids' idea of taking a walk is this:

walk walk
pick up rock
walk
look at flower
walk
look at bug
walk
look at leaf
walk
ask why the sky is blue

i know people say that having kids is not an excuse, but they don't have my kids! they're not both sitter friendly yet and i'm not into having a sitter while i go walk the darn dogs around the block anyway. dh gets home around 7pm and then it's supper supper supper brushing teeth bedtime the whole business. i'm failing miserably at getting us on an earlier schedule, but maybe i can succeed. the dogs and i both need a brisk walk. the kids are too big for the stroller (well my 5 yr old is certainly) and too slow for brisk. we do take leisurely strolls down to smell the flowers, but that hardly counts as walking.

i'd be interested in hearing how other moms work in some exercise.

·
Registered
2,347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I do excersize and eat pretty well (but I have to have a modified diet due to my extremely high metabolism). I'd love to get a good jogging stoller to let me get out and do more. I'm swimming right now and usually go to a workout class but it doesn't meet for the summer.

·
Registered
11,719 Posts
I WAS eating healthy, but not exercising. In the last 3 months, I've started excercising and eating even healthier (cutting out meat entirely) and I've lost 37 pounds.

·
Registered
3,074 Posts
I definitely eat healthier than the average American, but I don't feel that I eat healthy enough. Potatoes are my downfall. I eat everything else whole grain, but I have a major weakness in saying no to the delicious tubers.

·
Registered
11,369 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by thismama
Uh, yeah. I eat healthy but I don't exercise nearly enough these days. ...
I used to exercise, but not eat healthy.
Maybe one day I can get both things to happen simultaneously, huh?
Yeah that.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts