Mothering Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
3,885 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I find myself going there multiple times a day and staring at all the color choices of the handpainted yarns and then going away, because I can't decide!! I've been doing this for at least a week now!
:

Does anyone else do this??? Or, am I the only one around here who is totally indecisive, when it comes to an overwhelming array of beautiful choices??

·
Registered
350 Posts
I do that at least once a day

I have a 66 quart rubbermaid container full of yarn 99% of it from LTK, 6 skeins on order and I have a LTK gift certificate burning a hole in my pocket!

You could say I have a problem

·
Registered
3,885 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well, I can't just buy them all. My mom has turned my old bedroom (which was the size of a 2 car garage) into yarn storage. She has paid lots of money for the fancy closet storage units, and had them installed not only in the walk-in closet, but along 2 of the walls of the room as well. She has more downstairs in plastic tubs around her recliner. My dh is deathly afraid of this happening to us. I really don't like clutter, so it's not likely it would, but I'm only *allowed* to have yarn for about 2 projects or so in advance, or he starts to freak out on me! :LOL

Otherwise, I would have bought about 5 skeins by now. But, then that would be 5 projects in advance! I'd have to figure out how to hide them, and then that would be too much like my mom! :LOL

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
Those new colors are beautiful! I think I need to do some yarn shopping

·
Registered
3,885 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I actually broke down and made a decision. I bought 2 skeins today. I got the "Guiness" cause my dh loves the beer and it looks so boyish. And, the woodland fairy. I hope that one doesn't look to girly! :LOL If it does, I'll just have to make something for someone else and buy more yarn!
:

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
NYC is lovely, but Melissa and Azrec are screaming for me to buy them. The only problem is that I just bought a bunch of yarn this week, so I'm about 10 projects ahead in yarn...I'm running out of room!

·
Registered
6,187 Posts
Nah, I have to touch the yarn. I have a real thing about buying yarn online, I only buy yarn that I've bought in RL in the past. Very rare exceptions, for alpaca or silk or angora from Ebay, but I really feel like I take a chance with those. I occasionally ogle yarns for color, but I never buy because I have to handle them to get suckered in.

However, Theresa lives really close to me. One of these days I just might meet her and touch her yarn in person and then I'm sunk...

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.