Mothering Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,761 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
DS seemed to wince in the past when I snappied his prefold. I bought some pins and now use those when I use prefolds. I love the concept of a Snappi, but can't seem to get it out of my head that it hurts him. I just bought some Little Beetle diapers for night and I wanted to buy the Snappi ones because they were less expensive, but I just couldn't. So, I bought the Aplix. Does anyone else share my Snappi sentiments?

·
Registered
2,979 Posts
When I've used the snappi on a gauze flat, or an older pf that is getting thin, Davey *has* said it hurts - the teeth would go all the way through & poke him. Also, when babies get older & wigglier, you have to snappi them a bit tighter to get them to stay on while they're running around.....and that has caused red marks across the hip-bones before. So yes, I definitely think a Snappi can hurt. I prefer to pin.

·
Registered
3,713 Posts
Just wanted to say that I haven't had a problem with Snappi pains...my two aren't really verbal though...But no red marks. Luke's Little Beetle diaper has thick enough wings that there's no problem.
I do try not to stretch it too tight though, that looks uncomfortable.

·
Registered
717 Posts
Yes, if I did it snugly, dd would sometimes cry as soon as I attached it, and stop as soon as I took it off. So I would do it loosely after that. Rather have poop on my covers than an uncomfortable babe!

·
Registered
33 Posts
so I always make sure I can get a finger in between the part of the dipe where the snappi is and her belly - kind of like how you are supposed to test if a dog's collar is too tight or not. I snappi way down low by the hips where her belly doesn't hang out so I think that helps it to not be uncomfortable.

·
Registered
7,801 Posts
I always make sure there is alot of cloth pulled up high between the snappi and their belly. And I don't worry so much about the teeth as i do squashing ds's man- part
I have often wondered if this hurts him in that way yet he doesn't seem to be complaining...

·
Registered
2,280 Posts
This is exactly why I won't use Snappis! When DS was an infant they just seemed so tight on him. When he got older he would pull at it and whine a bit when I used them.

So yes, I agree with you! We also use pins and love them. They take a bit longer to get nice and snug, but it's worth it to me.

·
Registered
341 Posts
I don't think they hurt DS but I do think they hurt DD (like too tight a waistband) so I don't use them on her.

·
Registered
3,427 Posts
Whenever my mom sees my son with a snappi on she always has to say that it looks like it hurts him , everytime I tell you

He does get red marks from it so I have been thinking maybe I should try pins although I feel like they are hard to use.I mean it took me so long to finally figure out the snappi :LOL

·
Registered
7,801 Posts
Well ds pees so much(snappis are just easier) and loves being on his stomach-so he seems fine with it, but you gotta wonder.But I love snappis!!!!!!! Sigh. I do try to ,um, position him downward though becasue he likes to pee out the top of diapers.
We need a good snug fit!

·
Registered
6,142 Posts
no, I think it depends on how short the tabs are for the diaper. For example, with kissaluvs contours they work *perfect* with snappis. Because the tabs are long enough on the diaper that you can use the snappi without really stretching it too much.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.