Mothering Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering what experience people have had going this route. I have lots of orders that end up being under 13 ounces, and am just worried that there may be issues if I ship First Class.

·
Premium Member
3,169 Posts
I've sent first class around the world. No problems.

·
Registered
1,441 Posts
First class mail is great! Very cost effective, and it usually only takes 1 - 2 days longer than priority mail. Definitely go for it if your packages are 13 oz or less.

·
Registered
359 Posts
I do! I charge my customers less in shipping cost if I use First Class Mail. It's good for small, light weight products. It saves my customers in shipping cost and it gets there just as quick (sent items East to West in 2 days at times).<br><br>
First Class Mail is often used by Etsy sellers and Ebay sellers who sell light weight items. It's pretty common!

·
Registered
4,612 Posts
you are taking a risk when you ship internationally first class. The Canadians seem to be able to handle themselves but something about Mexico and South America's postal service seems like a very large % of packages never arrive. Domestically, (is that a word?) you can get confirmation on 1st class and thats all that really matters!

·
Registered
674 Posts
I only ship samples first class. I did packages first class for a while and it ended up costing me a LOT of money, time and headache in lost packages. I think they've changed the system since then so they're somewhat more accountable, but I wouldn't take the risk if your product is at all valuable.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts