Mothering Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,475 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For some reason over the last week, I feel like my body is mine again, but there is something attached to my belly. Anyone else? It was kind of a wierd transition. I mean being pregnant is something I've been feeling in my whole self, my body feels like a vessel, kind of wierd spiritual thing, but over the last week I magically feel like the vessel has shrunk to just my stomach and the rest of my body doesn't feel like its attached to the belly. Don't get me wrong the rest of the body still aches, but it just doesn't feel pregnant. I dunno maybe its just me dealing with the idea of delivery. Any other wierd people out there?

·
Registered
420 Posts
I felt like that a month ago maybe, but right now...I couldn't feel more pregnant overall. I think it has something to do with the constant movement, and going to do something that would normally be easy and not being able to do it.

·
Premium Member
3,471 Posts
Yes, I've been feeling just the way you describe--it's an odd feeling. In a way it's a helpful feeling because I am not overly anxious about the baby coming. I can genuinely say that if the baby arrives on his/her due date, it's cool. I'm in no rush. I kind of attributed the feeling to the fact that I have so much else going on and so many things that need to get done that my big stomach is just there de facto. And yes! My back aches and my hips ache and I feel the baby move but . . . I just get what you're saying. I couldn't quite put into words though the way you did.

·
Registered
505 Posts
i go in and out of feeling that way - the last time was a couple of weeks ago when the baby dropped down from my rib cage some. i think i acclimate to the weight of the belly, and then a growth spurt comes along and i'm thrown back into the discomforts.

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
I feel like I am wearing a fat suit and pregnant all at the same time.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts