Mothering Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

· Registered
3,964 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Seriously. One month ago I said "that's it we are done, we have all we need". Two days later I got the "I'm not satisfied with my stash" bug. I have been buying like crazy. Mind you I am happier cd'ing, like in the beginning when I had an awsome stash. I have bought 2 Celtic Wool covers, 18 Cuddlebuns, 4 aqua shell Cuddlebun covers, 2 merino Cuddlewools, 2 little beetle night time diapers, a Firefly sleeptight, wool lanolin spray (2 bottles) plus a baby bum salve, a wool custom coming up...and I'm still looking. This was all within the last month. I have the wool bug again. I'm not complaining, just need to know I'm not alone. I so happy with what I have and what I have coming. It's fun again.

· Registered
1,463 Posts
I always say I'm done, I don't need anything else and then the next day I buy like 5 things!! I can't stop, it's too much fun! I just wish it would come quicker because when nothing comes in the mail that day I have to go buy something to make me feel better!! LOL

· Registered
10,060 Posts
Oh yeah! For weeks we had been in kind of a drought. I am very happy with my diaper stash and was having a hard time finding something to spend my paypal on. Well I decided to add to my wool stash and went kinda nuts! 4 BBB's, 1 Celtic Wolf, 2 Mr Peabody's, 1 Fuzeasy, 2 Mosaic Moons, and a couple more I can't remember and I'm still not done
:

I'm sure after this I'll be done for a while! :LOL

· Registered
845 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by ChristyH
Well I decided to add to my wool stash and went kinda nuts! 4 BBB's, 1 Celtic Wolf, 2 Mr Peabody's, 1 Fuzeasy, 2 Mosaic Moons, and a couple more I can't remember and I'm still not done
:

How did you get 4 BBB?!?! Silly me, I have one from when DD was a newborn-ish...from when they were just sitting there on ebay...and then decided soakers weren't my thing. Now I'm loving soakers and I can't get another BB..or MM for that matter! Tell me, what's the secret?!?!

· Registered
5,920 Posts
Yep, I go through a dry spell and get fluffy mail withdrawl so I buy. I'm pretty good about saving my spare change in between so then I'm not spending money I don't have - most of time anyway (unless the original diaper temptress and her evil sidekick suck me in!)

· Registered
6,036 Posts
Oh yeah...definately! Just when I have the perfect stash...is about the time I start trying new things again and shopping like crazy!!

· Registered
10,060 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by MuhajibahMama
How did you get 4 BBB?!?! Silly me, I have one from when DD was a newborn-ish...from when they were just sitting there on ebay...and then decided soakers weren't my thing. Now I'm loving soakers and I can't get another BB..or MM for that matter! Tell me, what's the secret?!?!
Sheer Luck! :LOL I have been posting an ISO on the TP forever and decided to try one more time. I guess it was just my lucky day

· Registered
3,964 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Quote:
I just wish it would come quicker because when nothing comes in the mail that day I have to go buy something to make me feel better!! LOL
ME TOO!!! I had to sell all I was not happy with, mostly MEOS, in order to buy what I was happy with. But, when that postman has empty hands and I have a rotation of 6 functioning fitteds and pf's...it makes me want to buy more. I forget what I have coming and look at my dipes and think "man, I need more diapers".

I have actually only spent a small amount of actual cash on my purchases. Most were funded through sales. I got more then I thought I would for my MEOS, on e-bay. What I did spend in actual cash, I can justify as gifts for Carter. He's so young and the girls are getting spoiled (only at Christmas and birthday), so why can't he have some nice fluff?

· Registered
4,889 Posts
I guess I go on mini-sprees although nothing like what some Mamas talk about. I sort of buy a diaper every week or two to let the valve open and keep the pressure releasing slowly. I can't afford a full-fledged binge, so gently buying about 1/wk works for me.

· Registered
1,976 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by ZenSizzled
I guess I go on mini-sprees although nothing like what some Mamas talk about. I sort of buy a diaper every week or two to let the valve open and keep the pressure releasing slowly. I can't afford a full-fledged binge, so gently buying about 1/wk works for me.

ditto :LOL

· Registered
1,018 Posts
I do, but I usually sell stuff to pay for it. And I never build a huge stash because I just dont keep stuff I dont love. I also have to be using a particular system at any one time.

At the moment is fuzzibunz, just bought 18 of them.

But my major sprees go on fabrics to make diapers. I sell the ones I make, I enjoy making them more than I do using them.

· Registered
2,513 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by ZenSizzled

Ditto for me too! I can't really afford more than $20 a week, unless I've been saving. I would love to go on like, a $200 binge, though! That sounds like fun!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.