Mothering Forum banner

Do you forget what you ordered?

427 views 15 replies 16 participants last post by  Leilalu 
#1 ·
Since yesterday I've placed several orders for various fitted diapers from lots of places, and in lots and lots of CUTE prints. As the confirmation emails have come I've deleted them. This is mainly so dh won't see what I've ordered... So now I can't remember everything I'm going to be getting. But I think that's a good thing---

Not only am I expecting lots of good fluff, but it will be like opening a present!

Do you purposely "forget" what you've ordered?

(of course at some point I'll check the paypal records and make sure I've received everything!)

See less See more
#8 ·
Quote:
I keep a notepad document to myself on my desktop Moose and Muffin have their own list of what's coming and where it's coming from. Then I mark 'em off as they come in. Muffin (still in utero) has a score too, how many AIOs, how much wool, etc..
Change "Moose" to "Corby and Hadley" and Muffin to "Phive" and I could've written that. I do the exact same thing. In the "score" I also have listed what "brand" of fitteds, wool and AIO's he/she has and how many.

#11 ·
I usually have a Word document open that lists all of Ian's dipes, wool, etc. and also what I'm expecting from whom (with separate columns for the TP, eBay, and WAHM sites), but sometimes I forgot to add something, and then I'll get a package, open it, and say, WTF?! I did that just last week - didn't recognize the sender's name, opened the package, and sat there for a few minutes just looking at these fluffy white...things. They were soft, they were yummy, they were obviously some kind of diapering item that I must have ordered...and then the fog lifted and I realized they were the sherpa prefolds from Doodlebottoms that I snapped up & forgot to write on the list.

#13 ·
I tend to forget as well, but I do try to keep the emails until I receive the packages -- so I could probably go back and figure it out. On one hand, its nice to not remember what is coming, because then its "surprise fluffy mail." But, on the other hand, when I forget what's coming, I tend to buy more.
I think I'm going to have to climb on the wagon for a while -- and take inventory of what I have (once its all here) to see if I need to be buying more or not -- or if I should be selling some.

:LOL

#14 ·
I created 2 folders in my email - one for receipts and one for orders I havent paid for yet (like customs that are a ways out). And whenever I get an email receipt or order confirmation I just put them in those folders. Then I go through after I receive stuff and delete the emails.

That way I keep a running list of what is coming. I am WAY to OCD to not have a list! :LOL

#15 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by meritodd1221
I tend to forget as well, but I do try to keep the emails until I receive the packages -- so I could probably go back and figure it out. On one hand, its nice to not remember what is coming, because then its "surprise fluffy mail." But, on the other hand, when I forget what's coming, I tend to buy more.
I think I'm going to have to climb on the wagon for a while -- and take inventory of what I have (once its all here) to see if I need to be buying more or not -- or if I should be selling some.

:LOL
This is SO me!! I am not the organized momma like a lot of you!lol!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.