Mothering Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
873 Posts
DS drinks soy milk and eats other soy products. We use Silk.

I must respectfully disagree that phyto-estrogens in soy cause delays in puberty. The big foofara about phyto-estrogens is based on flawed research, as was the article in Mothering. If anyone wants loads of good research disputing the hysteria about soy delaying puberty, please PM me and I can send you loads (my Mum is a vegan cookbook author and dedicated food researcher who has compiled quite a collection of properly researched facts about soy and she likes to share).

Some people are allergic to soy though, so you might want to be aware of it as a potential allergen.

· Registered
873 Posts
Here's a link to a site about soy for children...if you scroll to the very bottom and click the Footnotes link, there are citations for a number of studies that indicate that soy is a safe and in fact, healthy choice for children and adults...I hope this is helpful to any of the PP who wanted more info...

http://www.vegforlife.org/kids.htm

Of particular interest to me is the fact that several generations of children have been raised on The Farm in Tenessee on a soy based diet and now have children of their own. These children were studied closely into adulthood and seem to have suffered no problems.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.