Mothering Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
815 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
And if you do, do you find he/she helps? I'm thinking about going to one. Dh's benefits cover $500 a year, and I'm thinking it may be worth it. I'm not suffering from anything in particular (although, I am anemic, have a serious sugar addiction, and could use a lot more energy..... plus losing an extra 5kg wouldn't hurt)..... but I was hoping that they may help me be "healthier".

Is it worth it? What are your thoughts?

·
Registered
5,706 Posts
I have gone several times to an acupuncturer - who uses acupuncture, nutrition and herbs. I have been very pleased with the results - I became hypothyroid after birth of 2nd dd and after a few acupuncture sessions and herbs and adding more protein to my diet, I was able to cut my thryroid hormone supplement in half. I do now when I am not feeling right and I really notice a difference. I have friends that have gone to a nauropath and have also had excellent results.

·
Registered
341 Posts
I can't tell you yet if it works because I just booked my first appointment today. I can tell you though that when I called I basically said the same thing (i.e. there is nothing 'wrong' with me...I'd just like to feel better) they were totally cool with that. They ended up faxing me the new patient forms to fill out and it is 8 pages of really detailed info. I am feeling really good about going to one because I think they are going to focus on me as a whole person rather than traditional medicine where usually they just try to fix whatever is "wrong"

Oh and the one I am going to also has a acupuncturist there and a massage therapist - plus they have a natural pharmacy so it should be pretty cool.

In short if I were you I would go esp. since you have the coverage (I do too
)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.