Mothering Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
<p> </p>
<p> </p>
<p>Instead of thinking every feeling/symptom is a sign of pregnancy like many woman do, I'm the opposite.  I NEVER have heartburn...seriously never, yet I've had it the last two days.  I'm also peeing a lot which is unsual for me.  Regardless of whether one should read anything into that, many women do.  I find myself doing the opposite.  I am so convinced that it didn't work and I'm not pregnant, that I'm sad now even though I haven't tested yet and I'm early in my luteal phase.  I think maybe I just want it so much and I've waited so long because of medical stuff, that I feel like it would be too good for it to happen for me.  We are just started to TTC, but I've been with my hubby since I was 18 and I'm 33 now.  We have a wonderful marriage and this baby is so wanted, but I had a host of medical issues to get resolved before we could try.  We're starting much later than I had wanted and I can't imagine it happening for me.  I know there's no logic to that, but I find myself worrying about whether the medical stuff impacted my fertility, if I have less chance than younger women, etc.  No real reason.  I just know that I will be getting my period next week and it's making me sad.  I was so excited to start TTC.  It was amazing to finally get to that point after all we overcame.  Now I can't even be excited because I'm disappointed preemptively.  I'm a dork, I know.  Anyone else do this?  I wonder if it's better than thinking you are pregnant and then being surprised when AF comes.  I didn't expect to be kinda sad now though.  Don't get me wong, I'm not actually depressed or anything and things are going well, I just hate feeling like it can't be happening.  Okay, rant over.  Thanks for listening.</p>

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
<p>I am the same way but for different reasons. I doubt I would even believe a BFP if one was staring me in the face.... It just took too long to get my BFPs with my 2 pregnancies (15 months and 2 years -- although no actual problems... just took forever) that I can't possibly wrap my mind around one actually being easy. I don't think it will be... I can't even fathom getting a BFP before trying for at the very LEAST a year. I was more determined with DD, I was downright obsessed.... with this one, it's more for my DH then it is for me. I want another one too, don't get me wrong but I just can't see it actually happening this time around....We were not preventing for 4 years and nothing happened. Now that we want one, I just don't see that changing. If it did, It would be VERY hard for me to believe. I still hope... I still try but I just don't know that if/when I do see a BFP that I'll believe it. I really don't get depressed when AF shows up because I'm always expecting her... so it would be an incredibly pleasant surprise if she doesn't show :)</p>
<p> </p>
<p>FX! Hope we are both surprised very soon! :)</p>

·
Registered
1,554 Posts
<p>Yes I am like this. I couldn't wait to start TTC and once I started I got very discouraged right away. Because of my short LP I expect it to take me quite a while to get pregnant, and I couldn't stand to wait.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>However I have recently been getting more zen about it thanks to acupuncture, which is really helping me relax and let things happen in their own time.</p>

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
<p>Well, I'm starting to get a little more excited.  I noticed some unusual symptoms which could very well be nothing, but hubby said something to me and I got the shivers all over and was excited.  I wish this 2WW was over.  I want to know.  Come on little one...please be in there!!!! :)</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Bree</p>

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
<p>Okay, nevermind...I'm excited. I have had heartburn 3 days in a row and it's not because of the fish oil like I thought.  It is too the point that I have to take Tums to help a little.  It's still probably nothing, but because I am 100% sure I never have heartburn, I can say with confidence that it is a new thing and not me reading into the usual sore boobs (which I have), cramping (which is weird for me this early in the LP, but I can't be 100% sure), and more CM (not totally sure there).</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Bree</p>

1 - 5 of 5 Posts