Mothering Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,731 Posts
I've scouted the June 2005 thread a few times to see what's coming and to check out birth stories for comfort. But I've stayed clear of the mainstream boards.

Actually, a few of the birth stories on the June board have me baffled. One said something about "having to suffer through labor for an hour and a half before" they gave her demerol. There were a few others that seemed very very mainstream to me (I don't mean when you need to have a C or something goes awry)...maybe they cloth diaper and cosleep and birth just isn't so "natural" to them? It just seems here the birth part is the more typically "crunchy" aspect of the members here. I dunno.

·
Registered
775 Posts
Pom, I've gotten the same vibe from the June board. I check it out sometimes.
I don't go anywhere other than MDC - in the beginning I started posting some other places, but the people thought I was weird - too crunchy - so I stopped posting or reading.

·
Registered
4,791 Posts
I lurk in May, June and Aug. because I know lots of those mamas from the TTC board.

I never really post though - I think I have responded to a couple of posts in Aug. - chances are I will be an Aug. mama anyway - even though I spend most of my time here because my *official*
EDD is July. But Maxi was 2 weeks late so who knows!?

·
Registered
1,731 Posts
I'm not really that crunchy, but figure if some of the MDC posts are irking me I should just stay clear away from mainstream boards. Kinda like the What to Expect Crowd. It's all about fear, and I've got enough of that anyway!

Yeah, I should probably be posting on August, too, but I have enough trouble keeping up with this July stuff! Besides, they're even got farther to go than we do, and I can't handle the thought of it going looooooooonger. :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts