Mothering Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
our house is not very well insulated and we have a drafty bedroom. DD sleeps in a crib for most of the night and I worry about her getting cold. I have been layering her with two sleepers at night, and it seems to do the trick, but I have been looking at sleep sacks. The problem is, she hates being confined and I worry about buying one and her refusing to wear it. I am looking for alternatives. She absolutely refuses to have a blanket on her, she screams bloody murder if I try to put one on her. Is there some kind of radiant heat thing I can put in her crib that is safe, or should I just keep layering her at night???

·
Registered
6,192 Posts
<p>What about a wool mattress topper?  We use one, and no matter how cold the room is, for some reason, that wool topper just keeps in the body heat and makes us all cozy. :)</p>

·
Premium Member
2,618 Posts
<p>My 4 month old wears a layer of cotton pj's - pants and long sleeve shirt - under a pair of fleece footie pj's under a sleep sack.  It's a size large so it's super long and doesn't confine her movement at all.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>My 2-year-old wears a long sleeve cotton shirt, a pair of wool pants that I made her out of the sleeves of an old wool sweater and a pair of fleece footie pj's.  She sleeps in a regular bed under blankets but usually wakes up uncovered.  This combo seems to keep her warm enough though.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>We live in an old, cold house too.  In the winter I put plastic on the windows to help it not be so drafty.</p>

·
Registered
493 Posts
<p>How about a fleece crib sheet??? I think you can order them from One step Ahead? My MIL makes them for me. We do that... a onesie, fleece footie pj's and a fleece sleep sack. My son hates being confined but I think he knows its time to sleep when we zip him in the sleep sack. We We keep the upstairs at 64 at night so it gets cold and I hate to think of my baby being cold in his crib. He never wakes up sweaty so I guess its all good.</p>

·
Registered
1,643 Posts
My almost two year olds wear a footed sleeper topped with a fleece sleep sack with feet holes.<br><br>
<a href="http://www.amazon.com/gp/redirect.html?ie=UTF8&linkCode=ur2&camp=1789&creative=9325&tag=motheringhud-20&location=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.amazon.com%2FHalo-Innovations-SleepSack-Wearable-Blanket%2Fdp%2FB001D7FZDQ%2Fref%3Dsr_1_8%3Fie%3DUTF8%26qid%3D1291864879%26sr%3D8-8" rel="norewrite" target="_blank">http://www.amazon.com/Halo-Innovations-SleepSack-Wearable-Blanket/dp/B001D7FZDQ/ref=sr_1_8?ie=UTF8&qid=1291864879&sr=8-8</a><br><br>
I love these, my kids don't seem to notice them, and honestly, they cracks me up. They run a bit big, and hang down, so it looks like they're wearing bags. I call them my bag babies when they wear them.

·
Registered
2,781 Posts
<p>Our house gets seriously cold at night and my kid is not too good at covering up (although better than he used to be, yay!).  We layer him in a long-sleeve onsie, babylegs, and socks under a fleece sleeper with slippers.  On really cold nights we put an additional fleece jacket over that.  I just ordered him a wool underlayer so I'll probably be able to skip the jacket.  That will probably be more comfy for him.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>He actually seems to stay warmer when asleep than awake, and has learned to sleep on top of his hands to keep them warm.</p>

·
Registered
3,626 Posts
We layer a snug fitting cotton pair of pajamas under a fleece sleeper. Plus we knit jersey sheets (they seem less cold) in the crib and a 100% cotton waterproof mat on our bed. She tends to snuggle a fleecy pillow toy.

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
<p>We do two pairs of pajamas and the kid sleeps with us.  But now that it's getting even colder, I think I'm going to add a layer of wool to the mix since she always kicks off the blanket.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>If its really cold we put her in her pjs plus a sweatshirt or a coat.</p>

1 - 8 of 8 Posts