Mothering Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Banned
1,824 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I always throw our in the wash and then I have dipes that need to go in one, but nothing to put them in. I am wondering if I should invest in a second one to have for this after I am no onger on the wagon.
We just hang ours on a hook on the back the the door. We have had no stink problems.

·
Registered
5,999 Posts
I only have one. While its washing and drying I just put the diapers in the pail and then when it is dry (it dries very quickly) I throw them into itand put it in the pail. I have been wanting another one but just never get around to getting one, and it works ok this way.

·
Registered
3,799 Posts
I have 2 enormous pail liners from http://www.mamaessentials.com

I love having one ready as soon as the wash starts
We just rotate back and forth.

For wet bags, I only have one sad little Bummis, BUT I recently ordered ones to match my new custom diaper bag
Sooo, i will have one wipes bag and one dirties bag. I may end up ordering another dirties bag so I can rotate

Kimberly

·
Registered
2,468 Posts
I need another one. My current one wicks like crazy. I am trying to come up with the $$ for a Happy Tushies pail liner. But, then I will still be dealing with my wicking one while rotating. Maybe I should try to get two.

·
Registered
6,262 Posts
I just use a big plastic bin (like the size of a really fat, low, round trash can) that I got at the target-esque store round here, and no liner. I ´clean it out when it needs it and let it air dry..... but all the poopy dipes go into the little plastic bucket that lives by the toilet, for after mini-showering, and that one does need a good cleaning every time it's empty. I use wet bags for on-the go and sometimes I wish i had two of those (wonderbags from happy tushies). I bought a big huge wet bag from Becky at Sellin Threads that is awesome...I'll use that for when I want room for 25 dirty, wet dipes (camping, traveling?)....

·
Registered
3,860 Posts
I am like Angelica i have ds poopy dipes in a little pail by the toliet after they are washed........ and i dont use a pail liner....... when i did it was just cotton..... i just washed it and put another one in but now it is just wet dipes so i dont use them....... i just spray the pail down while the load is wahsing....

·
Registered
2,352 Posts
I have two for each diaper pail. I always throw them into the load too. I look at it this way, I always have a liner and since they are Bummi bags, I can still use them "after diapers" for trips and stuff. Like when we go camping, great for wet or muddy clothes. When we go on trips, great for putting dirty clothes in and have them all together for washing when we get home.

We also have quite a few of the smaller bags for the diaper bag and just general purpose. Guess it comes from DH's military training... lot of stuff sacks inside his rucksack.

Definitely $$ well spent.

·
Registered
3,015 Posts
I haven't bothered with pail liners, but I do have two pails. When one is full I wash the contents, rinse the pail, and then let the pail air dry while using the second pail in the meantime. So each pail gets used in turn, and also gets rinsed and aired out in turn. So far no stinkies really.

Alison

·
Registered
7,130 Posts
i wish i had a wetbag but i'm on a spending freeze
& am using ziplocs (that is what i get for going overboard with the dipes!!!

we have 2 pail liners (ozark bags from wally-world for 3.99 each) we had 3 but the turquoise one had a funny coating on it that shredded in the wash :yuck so now we have 2. I'll pick another one up at some point. the red one is the best of the 3 we got, so red it is!

someday, i'll have a red soft spots wetbag accessory kit from happy tushies. sigh

·
Registered
259 Posts
I used to have just one pail-liner-used-as-hanging-pail-to-save-space, but dd would NOT stop peeing on laundry days to give it time to dry, so I collected dirty dipes in plastic grocery bags, which was a less than elegant addition to our "nursery decor." (Ha! There's no crib in our house; visitors are often puzzled....)

I'm so much happier now that I have two bags--they were one of the more expensive parts of my diapering system (Happy Tushies), but so worth it! And I plan to use them as traveling laundry bags, etc. for years & years.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts