Mothering Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Will you tell me about them? I swear the washing machine is eating ours (naughty washer!
) so I am finally ready to break down and either buy or make some more. What size do you like best? Fabrics? Serged or t&t? Um..., what other options do wipes have? :LOL And if you can tell me about any WAHMs with a good deal that would be great too. Thanks Mamas!

·
Registered
3,593 Posts
I absolutely love the muttaqin wipes we bought from http://www.diaperdrawer.com. They are so soft and they are larger than most so they work really well. Folded in half, they fit well in our wipe warmer. I think the fabric is soft knit cotton on one side and some sort of velour or maybe it is extra soft, short terry on the other side.

They were inexpensive, and Rachael (the single WAHM who runs the Diaper Drawer) delivered them to my house in a gorgeous sparkling silver box and didn't charge shipping because she has free delivery in the Austin area. She used to have a five percent AP discount. I don't know if it is still available or not.

Anyway, I liked the mutt wipes so much that I gave away all of my other wipes, which suddenly felt sort of rough and scratchy by comparison.

·
Registered
2,272 Posts
Sock toes!! DH always wears out the heels of his socks, and I have no idea how to fix them, so I just rip them in half at the hole and use the toe, inside out, as wipes. Cheap, recycling, nice and nubbly for wiping poo.

·
Registered
717 Posts
I hate all of my wipes... the only ones I'm liking lately are the double sided sherpa or velour. MOST (not all) of my flannel got all hard and pilly. Sometimes I wish I could go back to the collection of baby washcloths I used to use... I liked them really thin like that.

I like 5x8 ds velour or sherpa though.

Monica, thats' really creative hehe.. and you can put your hand in it and not get poopy!
All the worn out socks in this house go to the puppy though.

·
Registered
306 Posts
I have 3 favorites in our wipe drawer. 1 ply hemp jersey, 2 ply velour/flannel and our 2 ply velour. If I were going to buy all new wipes I would get 2 dozen 1 ply hemp jersey and 1 dozen 2 ply organic velour/organic sherpa.

·
Registered
2,342 Posts
My favorites are the velor/sherpa ones I got from Lucy's Hope Chest. They are so soft and the sherpa helps to clean up any really messy poos

1 - 8 of 8 Posts