Mothering Forum banner
1 - 20 of 514 Posts

·
Registered
5,264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Calling boys' mamas, let's talk about joys of boys. I just had my 4th and final!

In the past, moms of boys tribes have been for boys-only moms, but personally I don't mind if anyone posts. Otoh, 2+ boys' moms seem to have a unique experience because I think the interaction between boys is a whole lot different than having just one. Like exponentially different
:

·
Registered
122 Posts
I'm here with "my three sons"

The thing that I can't believe is how different all three of them are! And I can honestly say that if I were to have a 4th (which we're not since we are in negotiations to get dh snipped in the upcoming weeks!), I would actually hope for another boy!

·
Registered
1,651 Posts
Count me in! There are so many "Joys of Boys" I don't know where to begin. Only moms (and dads) of boys get to teach their kids cursive by having them write their name in the snow...it's a ritual here to celebrate the first snow fall of each year with yellow autographs in the bakyard! Gotta love it!

Muscle size contests at the dinner table - everyone flexing as hard as they can while laughing and arguing about whose are biggest.

Fart contests...longest, smelliest, most musical - you name it!

The way only a brother can make you feel better just with a chuck under the chin or loving slug on the arm ... I love the bond I see between my boys, they take good care of each other

Love my boys!

·
Registered
584 Posts
Boys out number the girls here 3 sons and with my two brothers and my Husband and my Dad My Mom my Daughter and I know what it is like to live with boys!

·
Registered
15,101 Posts
Same here! 2 little guys & my big guy!

·
Registered
2,466 Posts
Two boys here. I'm sure if I decide to have a third child, it will probably be another boy. Now that I've got my two boys, I really can't imagine having a girl. They're still pretty young, 3 1/2 and 11 months, but already I can see some brotherly interaction going on. I have a feeling my house is going to get pretty crazy in a year or two.

·
Registered
213 Posts
HI-
4 boys here!! I have DS12, DS7, DS4 and DS2. I love it! Lots of energy and lots ofdirt, but boys sure do love their mommas

Michelle

·
Registered
11,719 Posts
Two boys here. Though we have a big age gap between them (8 1/2 years), it's amazing how the muscle contests can still go on.

The older one has taught the younger one all about the sports he plays already, and the 2 year old can name what teams are playing by a glance at their uniforms...so funny!

Of course, the older one is now trying to teach him how to do armpit farts and sniffing their deodorant ("It works!")

Pancakegoddess...congrats on the birth of your newest!

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
2 boys for us too.....between them, Dh, the dog and the 2 cats.....I'm the only lady.
:

I love seeing the brother love!!!
Just this morning they were laying on the pillow laughing at each other so sweetly (then they got up, and the little guy hit smacked the big guy in the face.......ahhhhhh siblings
). But when they play, they can finally play off eachother and the games they get going are so fun to watch!!

So, anyone else perpetually cleaning the toilet and surrounding area due to mis fires??? The little one is learning to use the potty now (and refuses to sit down to pee....he likes to stand on the seat and pee standing up like his bro
) and with him...I swear I clean it every day!!!! But even when it was just the 5 yr old (who refuses to put up the seat!!) it still was almost every other day!!!!

·
Registered
2,358 Posts
I love being a Mom to boys!

I enjoy all of it, including the frogs, toads, bugs, sports, inventions, and even the cleats, flip-flops and sneakers that always seem to be in a big pile by the front door - no matter how many special places for shoes I try and make.

·
Banned
4,995 Posts
3 boys here.

They drive me crazy.

Burp. Fart. But also things like being seen sitting on the shed roof.

And other parents *laughing* at me when I told them that if they fell off, they would be paying the co-pay at the ER.

...Instead of telling them to get off the roof.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Me too, me too!

LOVE being a boys mama!
I have four (+ almost adoptive mom to all their friends)

I am amazed at how easily they are friends. Like today my three oldest boys are playing together outside (4-10y) with three other friends (8-12y) and there is NO arguing. I have never experienced that in my childhood - but then I'm a girl

Love all your posts, btw.

·
Registered
11,369 Posts
Kitty, mom of 4 boys here!! Ages 16, 12, 3 1/2 and 17 months.

I love being a mom to boys - they are crazy and exhausting but usually in a good way

As they grow older I really see the differences in the way boys and girls think and it's really interesting. If only I knew back then what I know now I could have saved myself a lot of heartache trying to figure them out all those years ago!

·
Registered
5,264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by DebraBaker

And other parents *laughing* at me when I told them that if they fell off, they would be paying the co-pay at the ER.

...Instead of telling them to get off the roof.
:) Still paying for last summer's broken arm, here.

DB, you need a little blog update action

·
Registered
5,264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by Itlbokay
I enjoy all of it, including the frogs, toads, bugs, sports, inventions, and even the cleats, flip-flops and sneakers that always seem to be in a big bile by the front door - no matter how many special places for shoes I try and make.

ahhhh, this tribe really is home. Shin guards, soccer socks, soccer balls (why do we need 9 soccer balls?), mismatched socks, wet swimsuits. To be fair, this probably isn't just boy behavior, but MY boys are surely doing it.

Itlbokay - did I fail to respond to a PM from you? I have this vague feeling I might have. I am postpartumly failing to respond to a lot of phone calls and emails... apologies if I did it to you.

·
Registered
6,010 Posts
Me! Me! My son is 11 months old, and the baby I'm set to deliver any second now is also a boy!! So it'll be three boys for me when you include DH. LOL I'm considering adopting my mom's old girl kitty who needs a new home. I love my boys though
DS is already pretty rambunctious. He doesn't care about getting dirty or crawling bare-kneed on concrete, and he isn't afraid of much except people with facial hair
He also chases animals and bugs, and eats grass and dirt. I know girls do these things just as much, but its hard for me to imagine!! I'd probably be all worried about her dress getting stained

1 - 20 of 514 Posts