Mothering Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
12,040 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been lurking in the DDCs and homebirth section, and the cloth diapering section (to check out NB fluff)
: and was wondering if anyone else did this? I think I'm torturing myself, but I just can't help it!

Am I the only one?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jilian
I've been lurking in the DDCs and homebirth section, and the cloth diapering section (to check out NB fluff)
: and was wondering if anyone else did this? I think I'm torturing myself, but I just can't help it!

Am I the only one?
I've been lurking in all manner of communities on childbirth, diapering, parenting, breastfeeding etc for a year. I think lots of people do it. If you can see things from other people's perspective, if you can gain insight into this process that way, why wouldn't you take advantage of it?

The Internets make the world a smaller place.

·
Registered
925 Posts
You're so not alone. Back in April DH and decided that we would start TTC near the end of the Summer.....as soon as the decision was made, I was checking out the pregancy resources threads here on MDC and buying supplies to make cloth diapers. The "baby's room" already has a small cloth diaper stash and MANY hand-me-down baby items that I have acquired from family members that know we want to have a baby soon. Pathetic, eh?

I think the breastfeeding threads are super interesting. I've learned so much and I'm thankful that I'm going to be armed with lots of knowledge when the time comes.

·
Registered
636 Posts
I probably will, I lurk like mad here cause Im still waiting to or deciding to ttc. hah! long live the non creepy lurk! and who can blame anyone for watching the fluff!?!

·
Registered
27,052 Posts
I've been reading through the DDCs a bit more lately. Usually I don't bother, but now that I'll be joining a DDC soonish I was curious about what people talk about in there (answer--everything
)

As for the birthing forums? Lurk? I don't lurk.

·
Registered
914 Posts
This is how much of a psycho wack job I am.....

I lurk when I'm not even trying to concieve.

Now that I am, though, I'm really an annoying pest to the lucky ladies in the DDCs. I actually begin to think of myself as a member of the clubs until AF comes and proves me wrong. Then, I'm sane for a little while, until after I ovulate, when I become Mrs. Hyde, the lurker, yet again.

The first DDC I "belonged" to was September 2006.I wasn't even thinking of conceiving then. I just wanted to live vicariously through other mamas.
:

I might be pregnant now......Hello April 2007!!!

·
Registered
3,744 Posts
I've been lurking on the TTC 40+ thread pretty much since I joined, even though I never said anything until I was actually TTC.

I know I want a UC if I didn't blow this opportunity by timing the insemination wrong.

I know that the BioBottoms company, which made fabulous wool diaper covers that my teens wore when they were infants, has been out of business for some time but that Fuzzi Bunz are what my maybe baby will wear.

I know that I would get flamed if I showed up on the Babywearing forum asking where I could get a Nojo or an OTSB like the ones that were the newest hottest thing when I traded in the snugli I got at my baby shower almost 18 years ago, but I've got to admit that the unpadded ring slings with the long, unquilted tail look very graceful and the pattern I downloaded should make it easy enough to sew up several.

I wouldn't know these things if I didn't lurk. I don't disrupt the boards or make fun of anybody or make anyone feel bad. Nobody is even aware of my presence. I don't see anything at all wrong with what I have done and I see a lot right with it because I will not need to ask a bunch of foolish questions and waste people's time if I get a BFP.

On most Linux user's forums, it is considered only polite to use the search function before posting your question to see if somebody else has already asked it and gotten an answer so that the more experienced users don't have to keep answering the same question over and over and over again.

Makes sense to me.

·
Registered
743 Posts
ha. lurking on ddc's is part of my torture. is is absolutley unwholesome and pains me from the inside out (and then back in again).
but....
it helps to keep me in the mindframe that MOST women have can concieve and birth, and raise, healthy, living babies.
and, i learn alot. even though it hurts to learn.

·
Registered
1,997 Posts
I don't lurk in the DDC's. The general I'm pregnant forum is a different story.

I also peek at fluff and have bought some newborn fluff from the trading post. That was actually before hubby and I were trying to concieve. They were a great deal and I wanted to see something teeny tiny.

·
Registered
12,040 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I've bought newborn fluff too and it wasn't for my DS
: It's just sitting in a box right now and I torture myself by pulling it out every once in a while. I've also been known to pull out DS's baby clothes, stare at pics of my pregnant belly (from when I was preg with DS), and look up midwives and doulas in my area
: DP thinks I've gone completely insane.

·
Registered
3,744 Posts
Oh, I've driven myself completely insane trying to find a homebirth midwife! I've moved since my dc were born and I'm sure I'll never find anyone as fabulous as Maria Iorillo, even though I had my doubts about using someone as young as she looked in 1988. However, if anything, where I live now is MORE crunchy and I see plenty of "Our child was born at home" bumper stickers around here. They can't ALL be UCers, can they?

The really sick thing is that I WANT a UC, but I still want to know the names of the midwives who do home births just because.

I've always believed that you shouldn't start accumulating baby things until the first trimester has passed safe and sound so you don't jinx things, but a slightly younger friend feels the opposite and thinks it's good luck.

I'm going to compromise by picking up a $3.99 package of three newborn size T shirts from Canned Foods if
stays away for another week. They are soooooooooo cute! I'd forgotten how small baby clothes were to the point where I pulled a "good luck charm" piece of clothing off the rack at the Rescue Mission thrift store and didn't even know until I looked at the label that it was a 2T; 2Ts are humongous to first-time parents of newborns!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts