Mothering Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What is your recipe?

I read that lavender EO works great. I mixed some with water in a spray bottle but we are still getting ate up. My poor baby boy is sweet like me. The bugs love us.

I have lavender, clove, tea tree and eucalyptus oils currently on hand. I also grow lavender, lemon balm, mint and chamomile. Does anyone have any simple ways of using any of these thay work?

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
Lemon Eucalyptus rocks! Not lemon and eucalyptus thought... i usually mix it with a carrier oil and rub it on thick before hiking. if you're going to be in the open sunlight that might be a problem though...

·
Registered
471 Posts
We use citronella EO. I mix it with witch hazel for a spray application, but you could put it in oil too, I guess. I do about 20 or 30 drops per oz of witch hazel. add whatever else to make it smell better, I usually add lemon balm.

At any rate, don't put lavender EO on your boy anymore until you do some research. I'm under the impression that lavender is a hormone disruptor and increases estrogen production in males, especially kids. Check for yourself, I think i read the study a few years ago... Maybe 2007?

Best of luck.

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
I use 2 parts citronella to 1 part eucalyptus, patchouli, lavender, and rosemary, then dilute in a few ounces of cheap vodka for spraying. The alcohol makes the EO's smell stronger. :) I have no idea how well it works on "sweet people," as mosquitos usually avoid me anyway, but it smells nice, anyway.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.