Mothering Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,945 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I ask because I prefer knit in the round pieces, but some of the super hyena wool is knit flat. Like BBB -- I've never actually seen one in person, but it has seams, so I am assuming it is knit flat? I don't like seams all that much, but I've seen some gorgeous pieces lately that are knit flat, and I'm starting to think I might just have to get over myself! :LOL

So, do you have a preference?

·
Registered
2,945 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So the seams on the BBB aren't bulky, huh? How does she manage that?

I can't stand the look of most seams from the outside -- they mess up the line of the piece, kwim? They're ugly. :LOL But the BBB are an exception to that -- those seams are hardly noticeable from the outside, at least in pics.

·
Registered
1,368 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Butterflymom
I like both....knit in the round is seamless which is cool, but if the seams aren't bulky sometimes it holds it's shape much better because of it, like BBB.
ITA! I like them both.

·
Registered
4,637 Posts
I also like both. I love the way Marnie's shorts and longies fit.. and of course Tiny Birds!

BBB, the body is knit flat and then she picks up the stitches and knits the ribbing in the round. Her seaming is flawless. The seams aren't bulky at all and nothing rubs up against baby's skin.

·
Registered
2,945 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hmmm, perhaps I will have to find some BBB pants in the near future. Yeah, right!
: Like they'll just magically appear out of the sky and fall into my lap! HEHEHEH!

(Think wool pants would look funny on a kid who isn't wearing a CD underneath? Gemma actually went poo on the potty today.
And she asked to sit up there two more times, too.)

·
Registered
6,262 Posts
Depends on the longies/wool pants. BBB-style-longies would look fine over underwear, but most others would sag in the bum a bit. :LOL Most are so full cut through the hips and bum that they are really meant for diaper booty, but some
(hint hint, April) longies I know of are cut really slim through the hips/bum/waist and just use a stretchy yarn to accomodate any bulk of diaper but would also fit nice without a diaper, like a pair of BBB pants.

·
Registered
2,945 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
You are definitely tempting me, Angelica.

And what am I gonna do when Gemma PLs?!? Guess that's another thread, but holy moly, I am so not ready for that. I love my (her) diapers, I love this board, and I'm not having any more babies in the forseeable future. WAAAH!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts