Mothering Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,731 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
DS has had his play kitchen since he turned 2 in August. He honestly doesn't really play with it much.

Should I put it away for a while in hopes of sparking his interest later down the road? I hate to do that as it's so darn cute abd it was a birthday gift...

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
I don't normally rotate the kitchen. (But while I have great intentions, I am lousy about rotating toys in general. I do it a few times a year, but not as often as I should.) However, if he isn't interested in it right now and you have space to store it, I might try rotating it. That might increase his interest in it in a little bit. You also might try having some slightly older kids come over to play and "model" using the kitchen.

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
dd just turned two, and I do rotate the location, if that makes sense. I don't necessarily rotate toys out, so that she can't play with them at all, but I change around where she can find things at sometimes, especially the bigger things.

A lot of times with her, it isn't necessarily the toy, but where in the room I put it that determines how much she plays with it. For example, we have a big window in her playroom that she loves, and anything that I put over near the window gets played with much more than anything else, so I rotate things over toward the window.... she likes to look out at everyone going by

·
Registered
2,858 Posts
I dont rotate the big things, but I do rotate the small things. So with her kitchen, one rotation has wooden playfood, an apron and chef hat, and two pots. The other rotation has fabric food, 2 different pans, and some wooden spoons. Her kitchen is in a 'housekeeping' center, so I also change the cleaning supplies, her dress up clothes and the accessories in that area.

·
Registered
2,530 Posts
try moving it to a different spot in the house.....Emma has toys in 3 spots, the living room, family room and in her bedroom.....and i rotate toys to a different room when she starts to get bored with them and it sparks her interest again!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.