Mothering Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,502 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had ordered a diaper and cover from a WAHM, and she was slow to ship due to very understandable circumstances. Because of that, she sent a complimentary FULL bottle of Lavendar Eucalan. Well, the dipes don't fit right, and I'm returning them. Should I also send back the Eucalan? I just don't know what's proper here.

TIA,
Becki

·
Registered
2,104 Posts
nak are you getting the diaper replaced? if you arent i probably would send it back, she was doing it as a nice gesture but that stuff can get pricey, so if i was getting a refund, id send the bottle back with a note of thanks. but i dont think itd be unproper to keep the freebies its just how i am.

·
Registered
485 Posts
If you are intending to return the diapers anyway, I wouldn't worry about returning the freebie - they are typically sent as an apology or make-up for an extra long wait, or other issue the wahm feels she wants to make up for.

You could ask her first what she prefers, but my guess is she might be offended if you return the freebie as well - I guess I might feel that my apology was being rejected.

·
Registered
50 Posts
I'd also ask. She probably sent that as a gift in order to make up for her slow order, but also in an effort to keep you as a customer. I doubt she made any money on the transaction, and probably lost some simply for the sake of good customer service. If you plan on returning the items then presumably her things don't fit so you won't be patronizing her again. Another thing to consider would be to leave feedback somewhere explaining the fit wasn't for your child, but that the customer service was nice. Up to you, I guess.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts