Mothering Forum banner

Do you take a multivitamin?

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I would like to find out how many of us vegetarians and vegans take multivitamins or any other vitamins for that matter. Which one, why that particular one, and whether your happy with it? Thanks!

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I'm currently taking a more then once a day ( 3 X day ) multivitamin and it's getting to be too much for me, I want something I only have to take once a day I'm thinking. I'm taking Ultra Freeda & Pure Advantage B12 spray (which I have no complaints about it actualy tasted good). I'm hoping someone will list a once a day that is good. I've seen alot listed on various sites but, it's hard to know which one to get.

·
Registered
2,227 Posts
nope. I will do some immune boosters when traveling. I have had kidney troubles since a young teen (chronic stones) and vitamins are VERY hard on kidneys. I do not give vitamins to my kids either.

·
Registered
12,213 Posts
I try to take a prenatal vitamin (perfect prenatal by New Chapter) but even taking a 1/2 at a time upsets my stomach. I'm also trying to take a cal/mag suppliment but again even just taking one at a time (3 is the recommended dose) it upsets my stomach. So really I should probably not bother since it can't be good that they hurt my stomach. Anyone else have this issue with vitamins/suppliments? When I'm not pregnant it's not as bad but I still have to eat a good size meals with a vit. so it won't upset my tum.

·
Registered
12,213 Posts
Oh mmmmmmmm that sounds so good. I have been craving coffee this pregnancy but I have not indudged , yet. I didn't know they made a cappucino shake I'll have to look for it!!

·
Registered
2,938 Posts
I take maybe one vitamin a month, but I would never take them on a daily basis - I didn't even take them when I was pregnant. I think they're terrible for your kidneys.

·
Registered
7,963 Posts
Hard to answer this one, since it changes depending on what I feel my body needs, what season it is, and whether I'm pregnant and/or nursing at the time.

Normally, an occasional multivitamin (when I remember), flax oil in smoothies, and a little extra iron during my period.

When I'm pregnant...a multivitamin, extra flax oil, dandelion root capsules, occasional milk thistle, an iron supplement every 2-3 days, extra vitamin K supplement after 34 weeks, and a Cal-Mag-D-K supplement when I remember to take it, LOL, likewise with acidopholous/probiotoc.
Extra B6 during morning sickness.

Nursing...a multivitamin when I remember it, extra flax oil, iron, and dandelion root for a little while postpartum.

Extra B vitamins during winter months.

- Krista

·
Registered
2,139 Posts
I marked off the once a day multivitamin, but we only take it a couple of times a week. They are actually children's chewables, and the kids love them. They will beg for them, which is weird. I did not think about vitamins and kidneys-hmmm. I keep asking dh not to buy more vitamins, but they keep appearing after he goes to the store.

·
Registered
479 Posts
i don't take them every day but i have a b-complex and a folic acid supp (both solgar brand) and a calcium supp. have to get me some dha . . .

·
Registered
7,499 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sheacoby
Oh mmmmmmmm that sounds so good. I have been craving coffee this pregnancy but I have not indudged , yet. I didn't know they made a cappucino shake I'll have to look for it!!
Wrong thread?

·
Registered
1,585 Posts
I only take folic acid right now, as I feel like most prenatals are too strong for me...certainly when I'm not pregnant. Supplements can also get pretty pricey. I compromise by making a lot of smoothies/shakes and loading them up with *superfoods*.

·
Registered
12,213 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by babygrant
Wrong thread?

No it was meant to be a response to Keysmama's post about cappucino spiritien (SP?) shakes.
Did seem out of place though, I shoud have quoted.

·
Registered
12,213 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by calynde
making a lot of smoothies/shakes and loading them up with *superfoods*.

What super foods do you put in your smoothies/shakes.

·
Registered
479 Posts
i forgot to mention i abandoned my prenatals. one made me super nauseated, the other went BEYOND nausea . . .

·
Registered
7,270 Posts
I take VegLife vegan multi. It's 3 per day so I usually take 2 of them a few times a week and then also take a vegan calcium/magnesium a few times a week. I got the cal/mag from Pangea vegan store, and the Veglife from Whole Foods.

·
Premium Member
3,471 Posts
I hardly remember to take my one-a-day multi. Most days, though, I do take Floradix for iron and b-12 as well as vitamin C powder for allergies.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts